Raleigh Area Group Grain Buy-Round 4

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Any idea what the shipping duration typically is from the day the order is placed?

You can assume about a week just to be safe. Once we get an idea when the order will arrive, I will work out what day works best for the guys at Fullsteam for us to come pick it up. They don't want us there on a brewday again.

With that being said, we may want to cut this off at 2 pallets just in case it's gonna be a few days between when the order gets there and when we can pick up. I don't want out **** to be in their way. We can always just do another orer if someone gets left out. This seems to be a much easier way to do it for all parties involved. Other than me of course now that I have 2 full pallets to deal with.

total is at 79 sacks (4265 lbs... aka "a metric f*ck ton")

a metric f*ck ton = 2205 lbs +/- several f*ck drams
2 metric f*ck tons = 4410 lbs +/- several f*ck drams

And 2 pallets is probably a good spot to stop unless we've got a lot more interest. Like I said, I'm not in a rush. If we ordered by Friday, we could probably pick it up Friday next week.

we are at 80 sacks now.

I am not going to upload the spreadsheet just yet. I want to first PM a couple folks who had put things like, "I might get another sack, too" when they sent their requests.

I can't believe how much grain we're buying. And that someone got more than me. I was dead set on winning, but 30 sacks.... I'm sure my wife would draw the line at throwing away the furniture to make room for sacks of grain. Or putting a silo in the back yard.

And this was awfully well organized for a disorginization.

I can't believe how much grain we're buying. And that someone got more than me. I was dead set on winning, but 30 sacks....

BrewBear's 35 sacks is being split between 3 guys, but I only have the one name to track them with.

I'm sure my wife would draw the line at throwing away the furniture to make room for sacks of grain.

You can use the sacks like beanbag chairs.

Or putting a silo in the back yard.
I think Dallas is drawing up plans for one of these.

And this was awfully well organized for a disorginization.

Yeah.... I'm very disappointed in how organized we are for this. Pisses me off.

I've been trying to talk Dallas into a brew house. We could even attach a silo to the back with a shute into the brewhouse.

I have PM'ed everybody involved in this buy so far to let them know that we are close to calling it DONE.

The only people I could not PM were "joeybeer" and "NCBeerbut", because the PM boxes were full.

I will upload the spreadsheet in a few minutes with the latest status.

I have double-checked the prices for each grain being purchased in the order (using the 2000-4000 bucket) and they are correct.

It is the BUYER'S RESPONSIBILITY to check that their individual part of the order page is correct.

When it comes time to pay, I will send out explicit instructions for how to do this via PayPal. If you do it the wrong way, Reelale will be hit with transaction fees, and that will piss him off. :D

I can't pass this up....anybody split a bag of Marris Otter with me?

I can't pass this up....anybody split a bag of Marris Otter with me?
ezzieyguywuf is looking for someone to split a sack of grain with. He posted on the GRABASS mailing list just a little bit ago. Try PMing him.

You can assume about a week just to be safe. Once we get an idea when the order will arrive, I will work out what day works best for the guys at Fullsteam for us to come pick it up. They don't want us there on a brewday again.
If we're picking up at Fullsteam, let's see if they can talk the guys from Farmhand into bringing the sausage truck out. They make some damn fine food and are frequently parked at Fullsteam on weekends and for events.

LOL, the GRABASS Sack 'n' Sausage weekend! Think of the t-shirts we could get out of that. :ban:

Chad said:
ezzieyguywuf is looking for someone to split a sack of grain with. He posted on the GRABASS mailing list just a little bit ago. Try PMing him.

Actually I'm already splitting with Moby, sorry reelale.

Sent from my HTC Vision using Home Brew Talk

spreadsheet updated. no additional sacks... just a breakdown of BrewBear00's stuff to reflect that his 35 sacks were partly for him and partly for his friend.

I'm in for one sac-n-sausage T-shirt! (-:

It's rare for people come up with golden ideas like this sober.

Barry, you should just give up. You're always just a little too late with your comments. Someone always seems to beat you to it.

Y'alls is nasty :D
I probably won't brew enough to warrant buying that much grain, but for the meet-up, I'm down!

Barry, you should just give up. You're always just a little too late with your comments. Someone always seems to beat you to it.

At least I don't beat myself as much as you beat yourself. :D

Some of us have jobs, with actual work to do, and can't sit on HBT all day... When I find them, I'll let you know but they do exist.

Got a PM from joeybeer. He's in for 2 more sacks. I don't have specifics yet, so I won't update the spreadsheet, but that puts us at 83 sacks, and Reelale is looking for a partner to split the 84th.

Got a PM from joeybeer. He's in for 2 more sacks. I don't have specifics yet, so I won't update the spreadsheet, but that puts us at 83 sacks, and Reelale is looking for a partner to split the 84th.

It's really not imperative. If someone wants that extra slot, give it to them.

Understood. I'm of the opinion that we close this as son as we get to 84, be that via someone splitting a sack with Reelale or by someone asking for one more sack.

Or, if nobody jumps in by tomorrow noon-ish, we close anyway and order the 83 sacks.

The carapils suggestion is interesting. I'd be up for 10 or so lbs of that. If you want a half sack and someone else wants a quarter sack like me, then that would put us at the magic 84 and we can pull the trigger.

Understood. I'm of the opinion that we close this as son as we get to 84, be that via someone splitting a sack with Reelale or by someone asking for one more sack.

Or, if nobody jumps in by tomorrow noon-ish, we close anyway and order the 83 sacks.

The carapils suggestion is interesting. I'd be up for 10 or so lbs of that. If you want a half sack and someone else wants a quarter sack like me, then that would put us at the magic 84 and we can pull the trigger.

I always seem to run out of it just when a recipe calls for it. I'll take a quarter or a half. Either way.

I don't want to hold this up, so whenever you're ready to close ordering, I'm ready to receive the funds. I'll take the 1/2 bag of carapils no problem. I've already made airline reservations.

We got it. Moby is in for the other 1/4th.

THE STORE IS NOW CLOSING

When I get the details on the other two sacks from joeybeer, I will update and then send out payment instructions.

Back