Rack to Keg, force carb, and drink right away?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shonuff

Reaction score
If you go from your primary or secondary to a keg, let it chill for a day or two, then force carb it do you guys drink the beer right away?

I guess my question is do you drink your kegged beer a couple days after letting it sit in the keg after force carbing? Or do you let it condition? If you let it condition do you do so at cold or warm temps?

If its a beer that is good fresh, like an american wheat, i'll force carb by shaking at high pressure for a couple minutes and then let it settle for an hour or two. Then i start enjoying it! It takes a few days set at serving pressure to get the carb level just right, but it is still good.

Beers that need aging i usually carb them once i keg them and then put them back in the closet for aging. I would leave them to condition cold but my keezer space is limited.

what about a white ale, that is really good fresh (I think, its a sam adams), can you force carb that, THEN just fill up all your spare bottles and let age @ full carbonation? Just thinking of speeding up the overall production if you can force carb THEN let your bottles sit and you can enjoy them at your leisure w/o using up a conny keg or w/e you use.

If its a beer that is good fresh, like an american wheat, i'll force carb by shaking at high pressure for a couple minutes and then let it settle for an hour or two. Then i start enjoying it! It takes a few days set at serving pressure to get the carb level just right, but it is still good.

Beers that need aging i usually carb them once i keg them and then put them back in the closet for aging. I would leave them to condition cold but my keezer space is limited.

do you shake while the co2 is attached, or do you disconnect then shake?

Back