Racetrack keg lids

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Toejam792

Reaction score
I bought a bunch of incomplete kegs used. I was wondering if anybody knew were I could find racetrack keg lids. Their Firestone, the opening measures 3"x 3 15/16. So far the only place I've found is CHICompany.net. Or If you have some to sell even better.

I bought a bunch of incomplete kegs used. I was wondering if anybody knew were I could find racetrack keg lids. Their Firestone, the opening measures 3"x 3 15/16. So far the only place I've found is CHICompany.net. Or If you have some to sell even better.

McMaster Carr. Check the sticky (pinned thread) in this sub forum. There should be a post telling you what size to order.

When ordering, also get the slightly thicker O-rings for the lids, so there's more chance they'll seal well at beer pressures. Use keg lube or vaseline. Sometimes sliding a penny under the bail's feet before closing will help.

Thanks for the replies. I looked on McMaster Carr and couldn't find any lids. I also checked all the sticky rebuild sites. None of them had racetrack lids. It seams I should buy the ones I need from CHICompany before they go completely extinct.

I need the metal keg lid I've already purchased new o rings

Well, I feel like a dumba$$. I thought you were needing the Orings.

Have you tried places like Adventures in Homebrewing? (link). I'd email/call them. They have always been helpful with me.

Keg connection would be another sight that might sell lids.

Sorry for the misunderstanding.

No racetrack lids there.

I poked around on Google and frankly chicompany.net looks like the best combination of availablity (as in they actually have them) and price...

Cheers!

No racetrack lids there.

I poked around on Google and frankly chicompany.net looks like the best combination of availablity (as in they actually have them) and price...

Cheers!

Curious. Why wouldn't the other lids not work, especially the 'universal' one in Jpsmithny's posts? It had the lowest price.

Standard oval lid (that "universal" is an oval lid):

s-l300.jpg

Racetrack lid. Geometry is quite different from the ovals:

Small_RaceTrack_NODomeTopValve.jpg

Cheers!

No racetrack lids there.

Cheers!

I'm going to probably end up ordering from there. I tried contacting them because there are two sizes. The website says the large one is for a keg opening 4" x 3". And the small for keg opening 3 7/8" x 2 7/8". When I measure my keg opening its 3" x 3 15/16". They haven't gotten back yet. If anybody knows which lid I should buy I'd really appreciate it if you told me. Also if anybody knows if the prv is replacable on the small. The website says to "assume the prv leaks". They give a link to replace it on the large, if I need those.

Latest posts

Back