Quick Wiring Question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CorgiBrew

Reaction score
I'm working on the 2.0 version of my control panel, which is generally based on Kal's design. I've made a few minor tweaks, one of which is using the 110V versions of the boil element on indicator lights instead of the 220V's he uses (for one thing, that's what I ordered; for the other, this keeps 220V power off of my front panel). So, Kal powers his lights from the Hot A and Hot B wires coming off of his HLT and Boil relays. I plan to power mine from the Hot A wires coming off of the relays and the neutral bus. Any issues here?

No sounds about right, dont forget a diode to prevent back feeding the nuetral into the system. Other than that you look OK to me.
Wheelchair Bob

What your doing is OK, I did basically this only I ran the lights in parallel off of the power from the switch for the element and then to neutral. (In series with the switch didnt work)

Going this route I was able to eliminate some extra wire coming over to the front door

No sounds about right, dont forget a diode to prevent back feeding the nuetral into the system. Other than that you look OK to me.
Wheelchair Bob

You mean like a barrel diode? What's the best way to install one of these in line? I assume you just shrink tube it, put connectors at both ends and put it in-line with the neutral lead?

What your doing is OK, I did basically this only I ran the lights in parallel off of the power from the switch for the element and then to neutral. (In series with the switch didnt work)

Going this route I was able to eliminate some extra wire coming over to the front door

Yeah, that's the other solution I was thinking of. Already cut the wires though!

Latest posts

Back