Quick Wedding Keezer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Miller4

Reaction score
Built a really quick and easy keezer for my wedding, plan is to make it a little fancier eventually but for now it stays in the garage so not to worried as it serves its purpose.

started with a craigslist find about 15 cf maytag freezer that fits 9 cornies without collar.

Built a really quick collar out of some spare 2x6 lumber.

Painted and drilled.

Drip tray assembled.

Faucets added.

Transported to wedding.

Worked out great 8 kegs were finished, the 9th forgot to get hooked up later in the night somehow... Had two other commercial kegs of Sierra Nevada Pale ale and Kiwanda Cream Ale and it was fun to watch everybody go through the homebrew first. Let me know if you have any build questions or comments.

Miller4,

I picked up your post while having a couple of pints on the way home. It went straight to the top of the "what's making me happy today list."

What could be a better story? A wedding (love and a party.). DIY. Beer.

Your "SWMBO" must be awesome. Best wishes for a long and happy life together.

day_trippr- It was one heck of a party, however I must admit the two commercial kegs didn't kick, but we did make a good dent in them.

Bailey_Brew- I'm glad it went straight to the top of the list. It gets better, we also butchered one of the neighbors pigs and cooked the whole thing and did pulled pork. "SWMBO" is awesome.

Back