Quick Fermentation....

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mdd71699

Reaction score
I brewed a True Brew Belgian extract kit on Sunday and fermentation was fast and furious. By late Monday afternoon the process had appeared to have stopped. The lid on my plastic vessel had bulged up considerably and a little of the wort had bubbled out of the airlock. Should I be concerned? I haven't had a batch ferment like this before....including a T.B. Belgian kit I brewed back in the fall. Thanks!

Definitely get in the habit of using a blow off tube. I will also suggest you give it some more time as activity may have slowed but it's not completely done in two days:)

I would suggest you give it at least a week before checking gravity. Some Belgian strains take a bit to get those last few points out of it, in fact I've had two that took 3 weeks to get to the desired FG!

Just a quick update.....kegged the Belgian and it's a hit! Came out great! Thanks for the advice!

Latest posts

Back