Quick and Easy Coopers Stout recipe.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BadBeagleBrew

Reaction score
Currently drinking my first bottle of this. I love it so much I figured I would share this so that any one else looking to tweak this kit, can have a base to go off of.

Type: Extract
Boil time: 45min

Ingredients:
1 Can Coopers Stout
1.1lb Dark Dme
1.1lb Dark Brown Sugar
8oz Chocolate Malt
8oz Flaked Wheat
Whirlfloc Tablet or Irish Moss

Directions:
Steep Chocolate Malt and Flaked Wheat for 30 min at 160°F. In the mean time bring as much water to boil as you can I only have a 4 gal pot so I brought roughly 2.5 gal to boil on my stove.

Once steeping is complete add wort and brown sugar to BK, once boil begins start timer.
At 30min in the boil remove pot from burner, add Coopers kit, DME and Whirlfloc tablet stir until well dissolved. Bring pot back to boil and add your IC to sanitize.

Once cooled I aerated and topped my bucket up to the 23l mark with tap water. At correct temp I pitched the cooper's yeast which after 12 hours had a fantastically violent fermentation.

Like I said quick and easy and open to any changes, or constructive criticism. As I write this I am sipping away on this recipe and it is amazing.

Cheers

I was just musing about turning your recipe into a milk stout with some lactose &/or maltodextrin. I love left hand brewings milk stout & the nitro version. The nitro version tastes to me like your recipe sounds. Hmmm...

Latest posts

Back