Questions on 12v power supply for Keezer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thomash

Reaction score
I'm trying to finalize my plans for a coffin keezer. Like many others this will include circulation fans for the freezer, tower cooling fan(s) and led strip lights.

I was thinking instead of having separate power supplies for each of the 12v accessories, I would simplify things and use a din rail mount 12V 10A power supply like this , to handle all my low voltage needs.

The plan would be to use an enclosure like this to house a master power switch, ITC-1000F temperature controller, a 110v power outlet for the freezer, a switched 110v outlet, the 12v power supply and 3-4 fused/switched 12 v outputs. The enclosure will be in some open space in the coffin, but will not be in the insulated space for the beer lines. I'm anticipating a 6.1A draw (up to 5A for lights, 0.1A for circulation fan, and 1A for the tower cooler).

I'm trying to design this to minimize the risk of an electrical safety issue if a leak in the coffin occurs, while still maintaining good aesthetics (keeping it hidden in the coffin).

How much heat output should I expect from the power supply and will it be a problem with it in a non-ventalated waterproof enclosure?

I've attached a couple screenshots showing the rear cover on the coffin removed. One with the insulation in place, and one with a layer of insulation removed showing the routing of the beer lines.

Thanks!

Coffin-Rear.jpg

Coffin-Rear-Insulation removed.png

Last edited by a moderator:
First, that seems to be a lot of stuff in that small box, but as far as heat goes, I would think your in the range of 65/75 watts. Think of the heat that the same wattage light bulb puts out.

Perfect, thanks. I think I know what direction I need to take it now.

Back