Questions about regulators

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sycotik

Reaction score
I have been searching for a bit and I can not find a diagram or anything on how to set up these regulators. I am going from bottling to kegging soon and I plan on doing a keezer with 4 cornies. From what i can gather I can do this with a 5lb CO2 tank. But the regulators is what I am having a problem with. I think I can go about it by getting 2 regulators with a split on each. This should allow me to run 4 kegs (2 at one pressure, 2 at another). Is this correct? Also, is there a diagram somewhere I can look at to see how this would be set-up? Any information is appreciated.

Thanks

Your setup sounds right. I have a dual body regulator and plan on running four kegs as well. I want to have a 3 head manifold off one reg and a splitter on the other. I figure this will allow me to have 4 kegs at serving, 3 at serving and 1 at higher "force carbing" pressures, 2 and 2, or 3 and 1.....lots of flexibility.

Sorry, don't know about any diagrams though.

Here is a diagram of how mine is laidout, which is a similar setup to the one Shortyjacobs described less a splitter on the other reg.
untitled10.JPG

My gas line from the reg to the manifold is only 4 inches, and all other gas lines are 3 feet long.

You can also achieve what you want by putting a Y splitter on each regulator output. I would recomend getting an on/off valve with check valve for each one. It would probably be about the same cost as a manifold (I got mine for $35 with check valves and on/off)

Latest posts

Back