Question on Grolsch bottles

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mike02720

Reaction score
I recently got about 200 of these with the ceramic tops I replaced all the gaskets on them. I want to sell some of these off as I have to many what is a good price to sell these for as I have no idea. Thanks Oh they are the 16 oz

I recently sold some Brown Grolsch bottles on Craigslist for $1 each, posted them at 6AM and the first guy that called at 10:30AM bought all 20 of them.
I hope this helps.

Yes I know, I bought the bottles from a guy off of craigslist, he sold me 29 brown Grolsch bottles for $29 he had a bunch of green Grolsch bottles too but I didn't want them. I ended up buying a case (20) of the slimmer fliptop bottles from the local brew shop with a green plastic case for $15. The Grolsch bottles did not fit in the case so I did not want them. I sold the Grolsch bottles at a $1 a piece the next day and actually made a few bucks.

My understanding is that green bottles let more light in, light is not good for conditioning beer.

ive used the green bottles a few times, but the beer never stayed in them for more than 2 or 3 weeks. guess thats why i havent had any issues.

ive used the green bottles a few times, but the beer never stayed in them for more than 2 or 3 weeks. guess thats why i havent had any issues.

It's not a big deal if you don't put them in direct sunlight or fluorescent lighting.

Beer in green bottles will get skunked pretty quickly in direct sunlight, though--we're talking minutes, not hours.

I just sold a mixed lot of green & brown grolsch bottles on Craigslist for cents each. I got nearly all of them for free at yard sales by purchasing an item I wanted and then asking the sellers to throw in the 1 or 2 odd grolsch bottles they had. Worked nearly every time!

I have four plastic Grolsch cases that have 16 brown Grolsch bottles in each (that's all they hold) which I acquired while living in Europe. I'd consider selling them for $100 each with bottles which basically means I don't want to sell them.:)

Back