Question about secondary to bottles

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Breweski15

Reaction score
Hi, I have another dumb question. I was wondering what would be the best way/easiest way to get the beer from the secondary (carboy) to the bottles? Any tricks/techniques would be appreciated. Thanks!!

2 words.... Bottling Bucket. Oh yeah and an auto syphon. Works for me and i am a complete noob!

SD

I always used my autosiphon, and racked to the bottling bucket. I had already sanitized it, and add the priming solution to the bucket, then racked gently into it without aerating. You want to put the tip of the tubing on the very bottom, so that it doesn't splash into the receiving bucket. I kind of curl it, so it "swirls' into the priming solution, mixing it as you rack. Keep the tip right at the bottom until it's all racked. Keep the bottom tip of the autosiphon above all the trub layer on the bottom of the carboy, stopping when it looks like some trub could be sucked up next.

Then, I use a bottling wand and some tubing and stick that into the bottling bucket spigot. It works quick and easily.

Back