Question about magazines

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tramlaw33

Reaction score
Hello everyone, just started brewing last month, and trying to learn as much as I can. Does anyone subscribe to Brew Your Own magazine? Or any other magazine? Are they worth the money? Any help is appreciated

I subscribe to BYO, and I think it is worth it. Perhaps not entirely for the beginner, but once you have the main process down really well and looking to expand your abilities then it is really great. Fun read, lots of good recipes (all grain and extract), and also great if you have brewing buddies as they are still relevant months after they are published.

When is BYO typically delivered? I received a gift subscription for Christmas (ordered early Dec) but haven't received one yet...

When is BYO typically delivered? I received a gift subscription for Christmas (ordered early Dec) but haven't received one yet...

i just got an issue a week, maybe ten days ago, but who knows.

OP, i subscribe to BYO. as a AHA member, you also get Zymurgy, which i enjoy quite a bit. so i guess my vote would be to get both mags. :mug:

i just got an issue a week, maybe ten days ago, but who knows.

OP, i subscribe to BYO. as a AHA member, you also get Zymurgy, which i enjoy quite a bit. so i guess my vote would be to get both mags. :mug:

I get both BYO and Zymurgy. IMHO Zymurgy is the better mag, though BYO isn't bad. When you throw in the other benifits of the AHA, it is hands down the best bet if you are going to do one or the other.

I get both BYO and Zymurgy. IMHO Zymurgy is the better mag, though BYO isn't bad. When you throw in the other benifits of the AHA, it is hands down the best bet if you are going to do one or the other.

i totally agree. Zymurgy is a great mag. and the 10% discount at most HBS that comes with the AHA membership is outstanding. pays for itself very quickly. BYO is a good read, and i recommend it, but if you chose only one, join the AHA and get Zy. :mug:

I got my free "gift subscription" wit Byo in October and have only received one magazine back in November haven't received any more :( what's wrong with me

Wow that's great, thanks for all your input. I may just get an issue of each, and see which one I like better, thanks again.

I get BYO and Draft magazine. I love the food pairings that come from Draft. I subscribed to Southwest Brewing News yesterday. Read the current issue online and liked it so I thought I would give it a try.

I just read the most current issues of Zymurgy and BYO on a flight. IMO Zymurgy was the best however, I'm looking forward to my subscription of both.

Back