quck question from a new guy

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JBrady

Reaction score
Hello, i decided that I want to take up home brewing as a hobby, so i have been doing some internet research. I've decided that I want to buy a brewing kit but there are so many that i decided to ask you guys what the best one is. I've seen alot at around the 80 dollar price range (which would be good for me), but i don't know what im looking for as far as qaulity. Thanks for any info

Josh Brady

If you buy any brewing kit from Midwest Supplies, Norhtern Brewer or Austin Homebrew, you will be in good shape. Most come with plastic buckets for fermenters, after a while you will want a better bottle or glass carboys... but we all started with the typical kits in most cases. Start slow, you will get hooked and then move up to some sweeter equipment... plastic buckets brew some awesome beers.

Pol

Here is where I keep all of my brewing pics... some from today. If you are brewing extracts at first, all you will need is a bucket to ferment in, a bucket to bottle from and a pot of some sort to boil your ingredients in.... along with some hoses and a racking cane probably. It is pretty simple, I have been brewing a year and look at all my crap! I have a freezer and a fridge with temp controllers on them to ferment and lager beers at specific temps.... it is getting bad here are my pics...

http://s168.photobucket.com/albums/u189/PolTavern/

The kits are all so similar, it doesn't matter. Two things I highly recommend though: get fermenters/buckets with spigots and big grain bags. The former make sampling and transfer much easier and the latter ensures good steeping.

Back