Purplesaurus Rex...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sirthomas42

Reaction score
So I made a batch of what I'm calling "Purplesaurus Rex"... my favorite Kool-Aid flavor from when I was a kid. Grape Lemonade -- It's a blend of 5 gallons of concorde grape juice wine, and 5 gallons of Skeeter Pee. It came out really amazing, a nice grape flavor, with just a little bit of a tangy flavor from the Pee. My family can't get enough of it.

It was actually an accident, making it... I had a batch of concorde grape juice concentrate wine I screwed up, and it finished super sweet -- about 1.030. So I made a batch of Skeeter Pee, dried it out, and blended. The sweetness was perfect :-D

i used to love that stuff!! did you stabilize this and bottle it in wine bottles or carb it and go for beer bottles?

Thinking of doing a mulberry hard lemonade next time the lemon and mulberry trees fruit. Our lemons are big and beginning to turn yellow, but the mulberries down the path probably won't come again until October. I think the soft berry flavour of the mulberries and the gentle tannins of the seeds will go nicely with the tart, dry lemon.

Anyone ever tried making a sweet lemon mead? I know this is the wrong subforum, but it reminded me. It should age out nicely by our next Australian summer/Christmas.

We bottled it still in 5ths, some 12oz, and some half-gallons. Takes a lot of bottles to hold 10 gallons! :)

I made a sweet lemon mead a while ago. I wanna say it was called "light lemon mead" and I got it off HBT. It's quite tasty. Wish I had made more than 1 gallon :p

*edit* It's currently the 13th recipe down in the mead recipe forum. I'd link to it if I wasn't on my phone. :p

Back