Purchased 2 march pumps

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brewjunky

Reaction score
I purchased both of these pumps off of ebay for 25 dollars. I'm not sure what they were used for but I think either soaking the pump heads in oxy clean overnight or if need be just replacing the heads.

I'm not even sure what the GPM is the model number is 1118-001-01

0135pump.jpg

from what it says there they should get 7 GPM which is more then enough. I wont have much Head space so they should work good.

Yes I do have 220 in my garage that is what my brewing system is running on.

from the wiring it looks to be 120V black green and white?

but what ever it is it wont matter I have the service in my garage worst cashe senario I buy another 220 plug and wire it up.

Yes I do have 220 in my garage that is what my brewing system is running on.

from the wiring it looks to be 120V black green and white?

but what ever it is it wont matter I have the service in my garage worst cashe senario I buy another 220 plug and wire it up.

don't go by the color, go by the nameplate

If the part number is correct then it is infact an MDXT-3 220v that we made for a company called American Dental. Not sure what they were used for. It has an output of 7.6gpm and max head of 19' and we dont have a stainless head for that pump.

Oh i just noticed the dates :rolleyes: :)

-Walter

I still have these but have not used them yet. I have to look at it I believe the bolt pattern will fit my head from my other pump if that's the case chiggers is selling stainless steel heads

no it wont...the MDX has a 3.375 bolt hole circle...the 809's have a 2.875 circle....it looks close but it wont work...

-Walter

No they arent worthless....you could still use it for brewing, just let the brew cool a little bit before pumping. (say just under 200*F) Just so its not actually boiling. As for notching to fit....you can try it but why ruin a good pump head (the 809)to frankenstien it. Actually i did a little reasearch for you this morning....you can order these parts for your MDX pump:

0135-0173-1000 front housing
0135-0170-1000 rear housing
0135-0062-0100 impeller

all those parts are made of Delrin plastic and can take the higher temps no problem. We used to make a pump like this for a company that made industial coffee makers. The only difference would be the size of the impellers. Yours is actually a bigger impeller then the one above. So you would get slightly lees output then the pump normally does but atleast it wouldnt be a total loss for you.

-Walter

Back