Pumps

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigdogseb

Reaction score
Found this pump at Harbor freight. Would this be a good pump for brewing beer or any other great ideas for a pump.[/ATTACH]

Attachments

• pump2.jpg
    pump2.jpg
    178 KB · Views: 216
  • pump1.jpg
    pump1.jpg
    142.3 KB · Views: 208
May not be food grade internals and there is no mention about liquid temperatures. Muddy be good for a chiller pump.

Doubtful the impeller would hold up for hot liquid transfer. Aside from that if you plan to use for anything other than a chiller I would look deeper into what metals are in the head assembly. No mention of it being food-grade, so I'm going to presume it isn't.

Fortunately we purchased it from Brewhardware.com. They sent me a new pump the same day. Brewhardware.com represents a best in class organization. Turns out the issue was my own doing.

Um... was someone deleting posts because the topic of this thread totally changed a few posts in and it looks like the main reason is missing? I think maybe negative experience about a sponsor here where deleted and if thats true, negative comments are usually not allowed on such forums regardless of fact or fiction. They are bad for business however since many members here pay I would think the rules might be different here to include their best interests as well as the sponsers and thats generally why I thought things were more liberally around here?
So maybe something else happened to the missing post?

I recently got my post deleted in the corvette forum for calling out a distributor who was reboxing chinese sidepipes that retail for $650 and selling them as their own unique brand for $1,350 to unsuspecting members, I sited pictures and proof and the sponsor complained so it was removed..

BTW those HF pumps are NOT food safe, I checked.

Latest posts

Back