Pumpkin Ale with Kveik Yeast

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just poured another glass today and it seems like it might be getting better. I bumped up the carbonation which is finally bringing out the spices I added. It still tastes thin but it’s better for sure.

Gotta have it ready for tomorrow so I’m bumping up the pressure to get it a little more carbed then I think it will be presentable. After tomorrow I’ll let it sit until closer to thanksgiving and give it another shot. Glad it’s not a total waste.

Reviving this threat from the dead because, well, 'tis the season.

I've got more Lutra yeast than I know what to do with, and I'm contemplating doing my annual Pumpkin Ale/Autumn seasonal with it vs my go-to for this recipe: Wy1318 (London Ale III).

I've done a Marzen and a German style Pils with Lutra--both were tasty, but the Pilsner was very good. Logically, Lutra seems like a good match to reproduce an amber lager-style beer that features seasonal spices--clean and relatively crisp. Has anyone attempted any sort of spiced amber-to-brown ale with Lutra yet?

Back