Pump control box - Wiring Confirmation Assistance Needed

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HD3

Reaction score
Hi All,

I am a complete noob when it comes to electrical work but I was hoping that someone who knows about electrical work could check my wiring schematic. It seems to work when I plug it in but just wanted to confirm that I won't end up frying myself or equipment.

I have two pumps that I want to control independently. I have one receptacle that I broke the tab to allow each plug to be controlled independently by each switch. My plan is to provide power to the receptacle via a long extension cord, plug in the pumps to the receptacle and control them via the switches running through a EMT tube.

Both the switches and the receptacle are in metal waterproof gang boxes.

I have the receptacle grounded to the grounded wire and the gangbox. The switches don't appear to have grounding screws.

Thanks for your assistance!

Attachments

• wiring.pdf
    16.6 KB · Views: 46
Anything metal that could possibly be touched needs to be connected to ground, ie your switch box.

Do you have pictures?

Thanks thekraken. Good to know. I will try to find a way to ground the box. I am assuming there is a ground screw on the box just not one on the switches. I will try to take some pictures tonight.

If you've grounded the receptacle box and connected the switch box with metal conduit properly you should be grounded.

Wiring drawing is a bit abstract but it appears correct.
Neutral (gray) to the silver lugs, switched Hot (red) to the brass screws, don't forget to break the bridge on the Hot side...

Cheers!

Hey day trippr. Yeah...i was working with what i had for the drawing (micro word). I broke the bridge on the hot side (red wires) and the bridge on the neutral side is intact. Thanks for the response!

Back