PUI - I am now an EAC!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kadmium

Reaction score
Ok so I am a little drunk, but we will get to that later!! First of all, two things have shown me in the last 3 days that I am indeed an EAC and a beer snob...

Firstly, my girlfriend and I went out on a date monday night (its now 11:16PM wed night) (PS, thats not important!) so anyway, we went to this old school pub / steak house called "Hogs breath" done up with all the old gasoline pumps, parking meters etc etc. so anyway, she was driving so I decided I would have a beer or five with my meal. Now, I have not drunk comercial swill in about 3-4 months, as home brewing has been abundant lately... so anyway, I ordered a stella on tap.. well, I used to think Stella was the shiz niz, but when I tasted that atempt at a clean tasting, crisp beer my mouth puckered up... Needless to say I drank it, but when the waiter came back and asked me if I wanted another, I curtly replied that I would rather drink a lift over that, and I qoute "**** you have on tap, advertised as beer"... does this make me a bad person?

Secondly, the reason I am drunk tonight is because I just got back from work, and its techincally my weekend so I picked up a 6er of beers from the Bottle-O on the way home (I ran out of homebrews that were cold) well... I got home, cracked open a Cascade 'Premium' Lager... I almost spat it back in the bottle... I now have 3 pints of eds apfelwein inside me, 3 x 375ml stubbies of warm home brew and the other 4 'premium' lagers in me... I drank the lagers last as I need afew gateway drinks to numb the taste... I dont get it, before home brewing, cascade premium and stella on tap were what I beleive "ambrosia" among beer, and now a meer 6 months later and several awesome home brews under my belt, I can hardly drink the stuff... does this make me a SNOB? or am I just really drunk and am going to wake up in the morning reading this thinking "what the hell does this guy mean? oh wait... thats me"...

:mug:

You've seen the light.

You will suffer the blight of not being able to drink what the masses think is good beer. But it is worth it. Yes you have become a beer snob.

Go preach what you have learnt and you will soon become EAC!

orfy said:
Go preach what you have learnt and you will soon become EAC!
I'm glad you added that. I was beginning to think I have become an EAC by not liking swill anymore. You got me excited for a second, but now I realize the work I have before me...

please excuse my ignorance....I'm sure I've already alienated most of you with my mini-novel posts....but I've searched, and cannot find the definition of what an EAC is.......

Striving for enlightenment......

chris (aka hippiefreak)
http://db.etree.org/chorner

had some stella at a pub last night and it was horrible! :eek:

to me it tastes like sugary fosters! ..i hate fosters too

Hippiefreak said:
but I've searched, and cannot find the definition of what an EAC is.......

Striving for enlightenment......

chris (aka hippiefreak)
http://db.etree.org/chorner

OK, I managed to stumble across the acronym thread and finally found the reference......wow...my eyes will never be the same, after being exposed to such hostility.....hehehe...

My dad was a lifelong sailor - I thought I had heard 'em all ;)

yeah :) we spend foreign money to boot! didn't you know, the Koala is the international symbol for evil!

Back