Prost to Great Crescent Brewing in Aurora Indiana

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Recusit8m

Reaction score
Just wanted to drop a line to say thanks and give a bit of info on a local brewer...I had stopped by the Great Crescent Brewery the other day and met up with the owner Dan Valas. He was very cordial and a great guy...I tried a few of his "wares" and bought a growler of his Coconut Porter home...They are moving to a new and very cool old Distillers Warehouse in March...Small 3 bbl system that is very productive and well thought out...So if you are ever in the Aurora area, Please check them out and say Hello...Oh and Dan also has a Hop Program for homebrewers...I picked up a pound of Slovenian 2.8AA pellets...Support your Local Brewery...:mug:

http://gcbeer.com/Great_Crescent_Beers.html

Just wanted to drop a line to say thanks and give a bit of info on a local brewer...I had stopped by the Great Crescent Brewery the other day and met up with the owner Dan Valas. He was very cordial and a great guy...I tried a few of his "wares" and bought a growler of his Coconut Porter home...They are moving to a new and very cool old Distillers Warehouse in March...Small 3 bbl system that is very productive and well thought out...So if you are ever in the Aurora area, Please check them out and say Hello...Oh and Dan also has a Hop Program for homebrewers...I picked up a pound of Slovenian 2.8AA pellets...Support your Local Brewery...:mug:

http://gcbeer.com/Great_Crescent_Beers.html

Thanks for the heads up! I travel that direction every summer to go fishing/boating in Kentucky. I'll definitely give them a visit. Despite having lived in Indiana my whole life, and getting around quite a bit I have never ever heard of Aurora, IN though :eek:

Aurora In is on the South Eastern part of the state right on the Ohio line...Look for Madison then about 20m or so east...

Yeah, I had to look it up on Mapquest. I pass about 15 miles north of it on I-74/I-275 many times every summer.

It's actually less outta the way than Hofbrauhaus Newport where I usually stop off at from time to time on the trip :tank:

Back