Upland Brewing Co Bloomington Indiana

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Recusit8m

Reaction score
Hi there All, Hope all is well with everyone in HBT land...Just wanted to drop a quick line with compliments to the Folks at Upland Brewing Company in Bloomington Indiana...SWMBO and I were out visiting one of our local cities here in Indiana and came across Upland mearly by accident and thought we would just drop in and buy a few pint glasses and be off...When I went in to purchase the glasses I asked if there was anyone who could give me a tour of the facility and the gentleman tending bar stated sure if there was a brewer that had some time to do so...After he went into the brewery another guy returned and introduced himself as Caleb and stated he would be happy to and that he was Head Brewer there...He showed me the grain room and the casks from which they were aging some Krieks and then on throughout the facility explaining in great detail about his process and even showing me the lab where he had his stir plates and various freezers with his hops...After the generosity SWMBO and I decided to have a great dinner there with their Flight of Beers...All in all a great experience with some very hospitable people and great food and great brews...My Thanks go out to all of the folks there and if anyone is in the area, stop by and say Hello and grab a pint...Prost to Upland...

http://www.uplandbeer.com/

Over the last few years Upland has went from a pretty decent brewery to what I would consider the best in the state. I blame that almost entirely on Caleb, he is a great guy who is more than happy to open up to homebrewers. I judged their pro am comp last year and not only did they feed us a couple of wonderful meals and pay us, they had a buffet and open taps to every person that entered the competition and their friends/family. Great place, great crew and great beer. Bonus points for turbid mashing and barrel aging their lambics, much respect.

I was just in Bloomington over the weekend and was unable to make it over there.
I'll definitely be going next time I'm down that way.

I was in Bloominton this weekend also and didnt make it in wish I would have after hearing all the great reviews. its just an hour or so douwn the road so I will have to try one weekend this fall.

+1. Those guys are great.

If you want to make a weekend out of it, you can swing by Oliver Winery while you are there. They make some decent wines as well.

I spent a couple years in Bloomington at IU and Upland is great brewery. I'm looking forward to trying to reproduce their Wheat at some point in the future.

Back