Proper size for false bottom?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey Everyone,

I am looking to buy a pot to use as a mash tun, but the one I am looking to buy is 13 1/2 inches in diameter. I am having trouble finding a false bottom that will fit it perfectly. Do I have to find a different sized pot or can I use a slightly smaller false bottom, maybe like 12 or 13 inch?

Thanks

Hey Everyone,

I am looking to buy a pot to use as a mash tun, but the one I am looking to buy is 13 1/2 inches in diameter. I am having trouble finding a false bottom that will fit it perfectly. Do I have to find a different sized pot or can I use a slightly smaller false bottom, maybe like 12 or 13 inch?

Thanks

Check with Jaybird. He can make what ever size you want.

Do I have to find a different sized pot or can I use a slightly smaller false bottom, maybe like 12 or 13 inch?

Thanks

Did you ever have any luck finding a false bottom to fit? I bought a cheapo-economy stainless kettle and have this same problem. I am trying to recirculate my wort and a braid is causing immense channeling. My pot is also 13.5" diameter. Please reply with good news haha! Cheers!

Check with Jaybird. He can make what ever size you want.

Did you ever have any luck finding a false bottom to fit? I bought a cheapo-economy stainless kettle and have this same problem. I am trying to recirculate my wort and a braid is causing immense channeling. My pot is also 13.5" diameter. Please reply with good news haha! Cheers!

Thanks for all the support guys. We do have a 13.5" in stock and ready to ship.... We are also doing a Leap Year free shipping deal, any order over 89.99 is shipped free.
Cheers
Jay

Back