priming elder flower champagne

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zamo27

Reaction score
hi all i want to prime my 5 gallon batch of elder flower champagne which now sits at 0.90

i did some reasearch and it says prime it with a cup or 1 1/4 cup of corn sugar per 5 gallons.

I have made an elderflower syrup earlier this year which i want to use to prime my wine.
80 heads of elder flowers,
2.5 L water
3 kg sugar
100 g citric acid
Zest and juice of 6

whats the gravity change from 0.90 to adding a cup of corn sugar so i can substitute the sugar to syrup?

hi all i want to prime my 5 gallon batch of elder flower champagne which now sits at 0.90

i did some reasearch and it says prime it with a cup or 1 1/4 cup of corn sugar per 5 gallons.

I have made an elderflower syrup earlier this year which i want to use to prime my wine.
80 heads of elder flowers,
2.5 L water
3 kg sugar
100 g citric acid
Zest and juice of 6

whats the gravity change from 0.90 to adding a cup of corn sugar so i can substitute the sugar to syrup?

What is the yield of your syrup? Knowing that, you should be able to calculate the amount of sugar per L of syrup, then convert to cups. Yes?

Back