Pre-Mix Soda Kegs

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SodaGuy

Reaction score
I bought an old school soda machine but it doesn't have the ability to mix the water and carbonated water form the carbonator like newer machines. It has an ice bin on top for dispensing and also to keep the cold plate chilled. Then there are 6 tap handles for each flavor of soda you want to tap. In essence it's like a kegerator but has Pepsi logos on it. I can't use the BIB syrup, the carbonator and water to have it post mixed and done in the machine. The soda distributors also don't sell the pre-mixed kegs anymore either so unless I want to ditch the machine I woudl have to buy six 5 gallon kegs and mix the syrup, water and carbonated water and then tap each keg to have it function. Not sure if this is worth the effort and added expense but wanted to see what is really needed and how I could go about this? If anyone can suggest what I woudl need and how the keg is mixed and what the ratio might be on how to get the kegs setup for each flavor that woudl be much appreciated. My goal was to have Coke, Pepsi, Mt. Dew, Dr. Pepper, Mr. Pibb and Hi-C Fruit Punch. Thanks in advance for any info or advice!

Well like you said, you would need a keg for each flavor, a co2 tank, a co2 regulator, serving lines from keg to tap, co2 manifold to distribute co2 to each keg, the taps you have in your Pepsi dispenser

Back