Post Your Preferred Water Profile per Style

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cardog

Reaction score
For the brewers that build thier water from scratch, I thought it would be interesting to see what water profiles people like for the style of beer they are brewing. Although there are some suggested profiles in programs like Bru'n Water, I am sure not everyone abides by those suggestions and have thier own preferences.

So please post your profile in PPM's with the style of beer and perhaps the PH too. Heck, if you have a "go to" profile for everything, post that too!

Feel free to post a profile that you built for the style beer that you were brewing and didn't like as well.

For the brewers that build thier water from scratch, I thought it would be interesting to see what water profiles people like for the style of beer they are brewing. Although there are some suggested profiles in programs like Bru'n Water, I am sure not everyone abides by those suggestions and have thier own preferences.

So please post your profile in PPM's with the style of beer and perhaps the PH too. Heck, if you have a "go to" profile for everything, post that too!

Feel free to post a profile that you built for the style beer that you were brewing and didn't like as well.

I think I'm still in the let me change things up phase and keep comparing beers that I've made with different water profiles. I've brewed an american light lager probably 35 different times by now, each time with some kind of water variation to see how I like it. To me, it adds a little something to the experience and unknown of how it will taste when all is said and done. Sorry this wasn't the answer you were probably looking for :mug:

I got a water report and have made additions in one batch. Thus far. 84 of 85 batches were filtered Tiverton, RI water for all styles.

Back