Post your artwork!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IowaState

Reaction score
I'm currently studying at Iowa State University to become a Graphic Designer. So I thought I would make this thread to share some of my work and hopefully see some of yours. Feel free to post anything art related.

A still life.
f3i6fo.jpg

Yawn is not a critique, and yes it's a still life so the composition is going to be a little boring.

Is this a serious question/thread? Maybe show us what the final product is???

If that is the final product, I hope you still have a lot of classes to take. That is not a particularly refined sketch. It lacks detail, depth, meaning, or anything to direct the attention through the composition. It lacks style and interest.

You asked.

Not only that, but it's too big..

I'd like it better if you replaced the baby with a hot chick...
holding a beer...

IowaState said:
Yawn is not a critique, and yes it's a still life so the composition is going to be a little boring.

Just because it's a still life doesn't mean it has to be boring, it just looks like something outta drawing 101.

Anyway, here's a small amount of some of my work http://joegebavi.carbonmade.com/

It is out of 101.......If you want to see my "artwork" I will put it up later. It's a work in progress therefore lacks "refinement". I'm not done with it, that's why I was asking for critiques.

Well, like other have said the composition isn't there. There's nothing directing the eye from one part of the picture to another. You say that still life is going to be boring in any case but why does it have to be? Use this as a challenge to accentuate certain areas of the picture. Also the line quality doesn't vary enough. Change it up in certain areas and you'll solve two problems.

It's hard to see the lineweight because it's so light. The composition is good because it will move your eye throughout the picture from the stairs to the cord to the dolls face. But I do need more lineweight.

Back