Possible lacto?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jph2275

Reaction score
As the title states.

I have had a split 10 gallon batch in 2 fermenters of my jalapeño cream ale. They've been in primary for 2 weeks. A few days ago one fermenter started showing signs of white growth on the surface while the other did not. I added my jalapeños to dry pepper them 2 days ago and today I come back to find that the growth has continued as is apparent now in both fermenters. The dry peppering involved baking at 350 for 25 minutes then freezing the peppers for several hours before adding them. The beer tastes normal.

Possible lacto? Other infection?

I've since put them both in a temp controlled chest freezer for cold crashing to slow this stuff down if it is indeed an infection.

Thoughts? Tips?

I greatly appreciate it

Pat

image.jpg

Doesn't look like its infected to me.

EDIT -- Now that I looked at that on my computer instead of phone, the others may be right and its infected. hopefully it turns out good for you even if it is infected.

The broken ice pack with white slimy bubbles is definitely the start of a lacto infection as I've seen them.

Back