Poor birdies

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Man thats lame. Some people have too much time on their hands. While they're at it, why don't they give up their homes and cars which are also disruptive to the environment...:rolleyes:

I clicked the link before I read your response and I was going to say the exact same thing? Thunder can be much louder and last for much longer, yet amazingly the birds dont leave their young.

I am all for environmentalism. We should always do what we can to limit our impact on the Earth reasonably IMO. But this is just stupid.

From the article:

"A study monitoring the bird population on the island found a higher-than-usual number of nests were abandoned around the time of the 2007 display, according to the commission. Opponents say that indicates the fireworks are a bad idea."

Abandoning their nests wouldn't have a damned thing with you walking up to them would they?

I've noticed all the birds in my neighborhood fly away whenever I get close too. ;)

Ive noticed that when i go hunting, wheather it be pheasant, quail, or dove. That the bird population decreases. Depending on how i shoot that day.

From the article:

"A study monitoring the bird population on the island found a higher-than-usual number of nests were abandoned around the time of the 2007 display, according to the commission. Opponents say that indicates the fireworks are a bad idea."

Abandoning their nests wouldn't have a damned thing with you walking up to them would they?

I've noticed all the birds in my neighborhood fly away whenever I get close too. ;)

...and if the only time the researchers ever checked the nests was during the fireworks, you'd have a point.

Well you have two choices in this country. You can deal with the government telling you how to live your life or...

...Vote Republican :p

Back