Police Car Chases

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It is my sincere belief that 80% of the general population are functioning idiots. Further, there is a non-trivial percentage that is a subset of that 80% that are borderline non-functioning idiots. It is from this subset that the individuals whose mindset you question are drawn.

tumblr_mhojjoCnRL1r5j928o1_1280.png

You have to admit though. The driver of that pickup was holding their own pretty well for a while.

Maybe they just do it because it is actually rather fun to watch them on tv. On the other hand, I will bet though it was scary as hell to be on the road with.

You have to admit though. The driver of that pickup was holding their own pretty well for a while.

Maybe they just do it because it is actually rather fun to watch them on tv. On the other hand, I will bet though it was scary as hell to be on the road with.

She should have taken it off the road a bit more, where the ground clearance would have given her an advantage.

Funny, after the show cops was introduced back in the 80's you would think people would learn. Same thing applies today as it did back then..... you can't outrun a radio.

Winning the lottery is one chance in several million, but people buy lottery tickets anyway. The odds of successfully eluding cops in a vehicle aren't much better, but people try anyway.

Sheer stupidity. Just be glad they can't get jetpacks, though that would make for some entertaining video.
Regards, GF.

or flying cars.

I don't care if we've been "promised" them for 50 years, with the way people drive - especially around DC, as many entitled pr!cks we have on the roads - I hope I never see the day they become a reality

I've been in two pursuits (on the cop side). They're a hell of an experience. We could usually catch faster cars if there were many corners involved. We trained all the time and the people we were chasing typically weren't in a car they were familiar with, which was usually why we were chasing them in the first place. More often than not they'd hit a corner too hot and either wipeout or have such slow exit speed we'd gain ground.

Even worse though, is idiots who think they can outrun or hide from a decent K9. I watched a dog break the leg of a Russian gangster when we caught him burglarizing a place and he raised a crowbar at us. We warned him that we'd release the dog and he didntl drop it, so the handler gave the command (in German ! ) and off the dog went.

I've been in two pursuits (on the cop side). They're a hell of an experience. We could usually catch faster cars if there were many corners involved. We trained all the time and the people we were chasing typically weren't in a car they were familiar with, which was usually why we were chasing them in the first place. More often than not they'd hit a corner too hot and either wipeout or have such slow exit speed we'd gain ground.

Even worse though, is idiots who think they can outrun or hide from a decent K9. I watched a dog break the leg of a Russian gangster when we caught him burglarizing a place and he raised a crowbar at us. We warned him that we'd release the dog and he didntl drop it, so the handler gave the command (in German ! ) and off the dog went.

I will bet you were wiped out from adrenaline after the persuits. I would like to do a ridealong some time. Though I know that the 'fun' events such as this are nontypical days.

I don't think it's always about getting away. It's about one last hoorah before going to jail.

What? Sorry but its all about getting away. Why would you run just for shts and giggles?

I bet most people that run are running cause they have warrants and they know they will be facing a long prison sentence so they run for it cause they dont want to get their sht pushed in.

I will bet you were wiped out from adrenaline after the persuits. I would like to do a ridealong some time. Though I know that the 'fun' events such as this are nontypical days.

Yes, a definite adrenaline dump! Weird stuff happens to the body on high adrenaline too. Time seems to slow down - there's a medical term for that but I forget the name. Also something called auditory exclusion is weird too - you suddenly can't hear certain things. Tunnel vision too but you consciously expect that so that's a little easier to deal with.

Despite the good stories, police work is 80 percent boring, 19 percent interesting, and 1 percent terrifying.

Do a ridealong sometime.

I don't do police work any more, but I enjoyed the time i did.

I've seen a couple of perps in sports cars get away, but really I think it's just plain old desperation and drugs. Nothing exciting, but if you were a convicted felon behind the wheel with no chance of getting off easy, you'd run too.

What? Sorry but its all about getting away. Why would you run just for shts and giggles?

I bet most people that run are running cause they have warrants and they know they will be facing a long prison sentence so they run for it cause they dont want to get their sht pushed in.

Some may start that way. Some. May. But look at the situations they try to run in. All four tires blown and smoking. A sea a cop cars. Yet, they keep the pedal to the metal.

Wrecked out and bloddy. A pack of dogs nipping their heels. Ghetto bird shining down on them. Yet, they run to nowhere.

It's about maximizing the fun before the inevitable incarceration.

A little late to the party, and not reading the whole thread because I'm lazy. Non-locals probably won't get it, but the best part of the news pondering how the pickup and the white Camry got confused. "Is that the escaped convict".

That was an obnoxious morning...

Slight misquote aside, how dare you blaspheme Saint Carlin?

I deleted my post.

feeling a little sh*tty, the more I thought about it, it was a sh*tty thing to say, so I take it back

just making the point not everyone can be above average

I deleted my post.

feeling a little sh*tty, the more I thought about it, it was a sh*tty thing to say, so I take it back

just making the point not everyone can be above average

Hah. I took it as a joke and responded in kind. Guess that doesn't apply to everyone though.

Ha! Glad you got the Carlin reference. My half attention span phone posting sometimes needs some work... ! I figured it was close enough to get the point across.

If someone is facing 25 to life, then I guess I get trying to run. I wouldn't endanger a bunch of people to do it, but some people don't care.

What do they have to lose? You never know, you may be that guy who gets away.

Just remember, no matter how fast your car goes, you'll never outrun a radio. Once the ghetto bird is on you, you're done.

I think a lot of it comes from movies like Fast and Furious. "They can do it, why can't I"

I really enjoy the Fast and Furious franchise movies (except the drifting one) but I know that these are movies. The scenes are staged, there are multiple takes, CGI, etc.

You cannot out run the police.

Back