Pokémon Go Anyone?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How much candy does she get based on x# distance?

yiyShPf.png

Went with Growlithe for mine. High CP, good IVs and reasonably close having enough candy to evolve

Valor drools! Mystic rules!

I am rubber, you are glue.
It bounces off of me, and sticks to you!

Heard there was a Snorlax in town last night, so I got the wife to ride along while I went looking around. Figured it was too late to get him, but as we rode behind the buildings where he was reported, my 2k egg popped up. I had her click it open and I got....

A Wheedle!

She thought it was cool looking, but I told her it was excessively common and the 2k eggs don't give you anything but crap. And my second 2k egg popped and she clicked on it and out popped....

A Pikachu!

Level 409 IIRC. My first one at level 20 from a 2k egg.

Put that sucker on my buddy list to see what happens. Looks like a low k rate so it should get a good amount of candy. My oldest put her Squirtle on as her buddy.

Put that sucker on my buddy list to see what happens. Looks like a low k rate so it should get a good amount of candy. My oldest put her Squirtle on as her buddy.

Base your buddy on how close you are to evolving them. I had 24 candies of squirtle, it takes 25, so I walked him for that one candy. Now I switched to another one, rinse and repeat.

I started with Charmander and then realized I didn't have one with good IVs or a good CP level so I switched to an awesome Kadabra I have but am nowhere close to evolving. I promptly hatched a 2k egg and got an awesome Charmander, so I have a choice to make once I find the next candy. I would have been on the Pikachu bandwagon if I had a good one. I heard there is a cool easter egg with it and with only 1k per candy, that will be a Raichu very soon.

Base your buddy on how close you are to evolving them. I had 24 candies of squirtle, it takes 25, so I walked him for that one candy. Now I switched to another one, rinse and repeat.

This is my plan. I didn't have time to look through all my pokemons, so I just threw in Pikachu since the k rate was so low. When I get time i'll be switching between a few while driving VERY slowly through some back roads! ;)

I've realized that there is no reason to evolve the first step if you can't do the second one at the same time. By the time you get 100 candies to evolve your wartortle, you will probably have found a better squirtle, likely one that has a higher CP than the wartortle even.

Only speaking from personal experience of course. Stupid Haunter....

I've realized that there is no reason to evolve the first step if you can't do the second one at the same time. By the time you get 100 candies to evolve your wartortle, you will probably have found a better squirtle, likely one that has a higher CP than the wartortle even.

This is very true depending on what you're after. If you are purely trying to level up then it wouldn't hurt to do it "my way" because of the XP gain when evolving.

However, if you're trying to get high CP Pokemon then you're absolutely correct! Although, the gaps between levels in your low-mid 20s doesn't really make much of a difference waiting or not I imagine.

Level 20! I got Ultra Balls!

That's what he/she said!

Got a message from the girl at work to go out taking over all the gyms in town again last night, but I was deep into replacing capactiors on my tv (failed to fix it :( )

I do plan to go out again and get some k on my buddy. I tried that two days ago, but accidentally turned my phone off before I started driving slowly back home, so the app didn't register any mileage. D'oh!

I've only seen 1 squirtle, and that was one of the first pokemons that popped up after installing the app. I haven't seen one since. Even living in Michigan with 11,000 lakes, we don't live right close to any water. I tried driving down by the airport, which is right next to a large pond, but nothing popped up. I wonder if they don't put items near airports for safety reasons.

Did you get anything good in Chicago? I've been doing morning runs along lakeshore and have been getting 6-8 magikarp plus others each day. Finally got enough to evolve a Gyrados :rockin:

Did you get anything good in Chicago? I've been doing morning runs along lakeshore and have been getting 6-8 magikarp plus others each day. Finally got enough to evolve a Gyrados :rockin:

How does the evolution work because most of the magikarp are garbage as far as CP is concerned. What were the pre-evolution and post-evolution specs?

How does the evolution work because most of the magikarp are garbage as far as CP is concerned. What were the pre-evolution and post-evolution specs?

Yes, MOST Magikarp are junk, but you only need them for candies, so you just wait until you have a GOOD Magikarp and hold onto it until you have enough candies to evolve. :) THat's what I'm doing on my second Gyarados.

Has anyone ever noticed that if you minimize Pokemon Go, it tends to restart when you go back to it? I find that highly annoying... especially if I'm keeping it in the background just to gain candies/hatch an egg. :(

magikarp multiplier is like ~10.55 so if you have a cp165 it will be around 1740, if you have a 200 itll be around 2110 even a 140 would be 1477. It's all about the moveset though... do whatever ritual you want and hope you don't get twister.

This is how I am doing it now also. I made the mistake of evolvoing a dratini once I got to 25 candies and now I've caught dratinis that are higher than my dragonaire.

Anybody get a pokemon go plus? I just picked one up from gamestop. Reports are that it will track distance with your phone off. I don't know if its worth the money but I like playing with gadgets so I got it.

Anybody get a pokemon go plus? I just picked one up from gamestop. Reports are that it will track distance with your phone off. I don't know if its worth the money but I like playing with gadgets so I got it.

IF it can track distance without your screen being on then I would buy one. Go test it out for us, thanks.

Also, how much?

I did find a bunch of "eggs" one morning, and saw more the next day, but never actually got them to appear. Also finally found an Ekans. I had one on my "saw" list, but never captured.

I saw the outline of a Dewgong once, and walked all around the hotel, even back by the river, but it never popped up before disappearing. :(

The hotel was awesome for leveling, though. There were 2 stops within the one end of the hotel, and stuff was popping up left and right all day and night. And 2-3 more stops in short walking distance.

Has anyone ever noticed that if you minimize Pokemon Go, it tends to restart when you go back to it? I find that highly annoying... especially if I'm keeping it in the background just to gain candies/hatch an egg. :(

If the app isn't active, it won't count distance. I like the restart feature because OFTEN if I have to switch to it, it's not able to communicate properly with the servers, and I end up closing and restarting anyway. This way it works more often with less messing around.

It's not as nice as the darn thing simply working right, but better then before.

IF it can track distance without your screen being on then I would buy one. Go test it out for us, thanks.

Also, how much?

Played with it a bit during lunch, and yes it counts distance with the phone off, as long as the plus is synced to the app.

I like it because I can be on other apps and the plus will vibrate when a pokemon is about to pop up or a pokestop is ready for spinning. So then I can switch back to pgo and take care of whatever it is. I don't have to have the app in the foreground at all times anymore. I think that will work well for when I'm at the store or out with the wife and kids so I don't get the look for staring at my phone the whole time anymore :D

Played with it a bit during lunch, and yes it counts distance with the phone off, as long as the plus is synced to the app.

I like it because I can be on other apps and the plus will vibrate when a pokemon is about to pop up or a pokestop is ready for spinning. So then I can switch back to pgo and take care of whatever it is. I don't have to have the app in the foreground at all times anymore. I think that will work well for when I'm at the store or out with the wife and kids so I don't get the look for staring at my phone the whole time anymore :D

I need this.

You should be able to spin the stops and catch the 'mons through the button, as I understand it. Is that not the case?

Cost?

Nothing I am reading about it says you can have the app actually closed and still do all of this. If the only advantage is that I can leave the thing in my pocket while still on and click the button, Idk if it's worth it.

You should be able to spin the stops and catch the 'mons through the button, as I understand it. Is that not the case?

Cost?

Oh, sorry. Yes you can spin the stops and attempt to catch the pokemon all with the button while leaving the phone in your pocket. It's just that if I'm able to I like to bring the phone out to look to see which pokemon it is.

$35

Back