Pokémon Go Anyone?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nothing I am reading about it says you can have the app actually closed and still do all of this. If the only advantage is that I can leave the thing in my pocket while still on and click the button, Idk if it's worth it.

You can. The phone can be locked and in your pocket. That's the whole point of it.

Have they added an Apple Watch app yet? I've got one on the way, and it'd be nice to have that "plus" functionality too...

So does the application have to be "on" but the screen "off" or can you be on Facebook and it still grabs your KMs, Stops, and 'Mon?

That's what I want! I would like to listen to music on my phone while playing Pokemon, but I can't, because whenever I launch PGO, it kills the music, and if I switch back to restart the music, PGO restarts when I return! Frustrating. I agree, it's nice to be able to CLOSE the app, and have it restart, but simply switching to a different app then coming back to have it restart is annoying, IMHO.

So does the application have to be "on" but the screen "off" or can you be on Facebook and it still grabs your KMs, Stops, and 'Mon?

Yes. I opened the app (pokemon go) paired the plus with it and then hit the home button on my phone. I then launched twitter, reddit, chrome, etc and the plus was alerting me when pokemon popped up. I click the button on the plus and it attempts to catch them (it only throws 1 regular ball and its either a catch or run). You're KM's get added and you will be alerted on pokestops also.

Keep in mind this doesn't work too well in a car... the response time from the app to the plus isn't immediate so with driving you will most likely not get the stops with the plus unless you are driving really slow.

Yes. I opened the app (pokemon go) paired the plus with it and then hit the home button on my phone. I then launched twitter, reddit, chrome, etc and the plus was alerting me when pokemon popped up. I click the button on the plus and it attempts to catch them (it only throws 1 regular ball and its either a catch or run). You're KM's get added and you will be alerted on pokestops also.

Keep in mind this doesn't work too well in a car... the response time from the app to the plus isn't immediate so with driving you will most likely not get the stops with the plus unless you are driving really slow.

Damn it, there goes $35!

Since I have six good Pokémon for taking gyms now, I'm going to horde candies and dust. Hording up the best of everything I catch, too. Basically, not evolving for a while so long as I can still takw gyms in my area.

Buffalo Ridge in Haltom City, Tx. It's a 95 acre park.

20160924_151206.jpg

Hatched a Rhyhorn on my lunchtime walk last Friday. The girl at work walks at lunch and talked about walking a loop from work to a "Rails to trails" path, and back, to work. She wasn't in on Friday, but I walked it at a good pace to make sure it was doable in the allotted lunch time. Not only good for you, but good for hatching eggs too!

Thursday we took over all 4 gyms in town. Talked about running to a nearby village to take that gym. That one is so out of the way you can usually keep a gym for days. Might hit that one tonight if I can afford the time.

Went out last night with the kid. Hit a gym by the school that the girl at work said had an opening. We each got a pokemon in there, and I nabbed a Magmar, and then we headed to a nearby small(er) town where the gyms stays red for DAYS. Each got in there and opened a spot for someone else and caught a Bulbasaur.

So I picked up 2 new pokemons. Both of which the girl from work didn't have. She was mad. I messaged her right before we left and she was already headed home from town.

I look at the list of pokemon I have and I realize it's going to take a LONG time to get all of them. I bet they will come out with more before I even get close.

I spoke too soon... I was letting my son play on the way to drop all the kids off at their various schools, and he captured a Lickitung (#104) and enough female Nidoran to evolve our Nidorina into a Nidoqueen (#105)...

I can't find a reasonably priced PoGo Plus. I refuse to pay $100 because some asshat bought them all at $50 and wants a profit.

Checked a hotspot in Cadillac last night after trying to help a friend with brake line issues. Caught a couple cubones, but nothing new or interested beyond that. I was really hoping to offset the bummer of driving all the way up there and playing under his truck with at least some decent pokemons!

Couldn't even fix his truck, either!

We found a gym today that must be walked to. It had one Valor pony in it. Had. It's been ours for 3 1/2 hours. That's a long time in the metroplex. Especially for a gym with only two defenders.

The wife and I had fun playing on a recent trip where we walked a bunch in tourist areas that had tons of stops. But now that I'm back home I'm out of pokeballs and stuck with just adding miles to eggs or my buddy to generate candy.

The wife and I had fun playing on a recent trip where we walked a bunch in tourist areas that had tons of stops. But now that I'm back home I'm out of pokeballs and stuck with just adding miles to eggs or my buddy to generate candy.

Where do you live with no stops? Tough life

I'd been getting only 2k and 5k eggs for the last couple months. Finally got a 10k locked and loaded. Fingers crossed for something good.

Where do you live with no stops? Tough life

I'd been getting only 2k and 5k eggs for the last couple months. Finally got a 10k locked and loaded. Fingers crossed for something good.

Seems like unless you are in a heavy tourist area there aren't any stops. That doesn't annoy me as much as walking in residential areas also doesn't seem to spawn as many Pokemon as the tourist areas. There are a few near work on my jog route (which is a shopping area) but I don't jog with my phone let alone play the game.

Experience points for winning a gym. Stardust and coins for defending (holding) a gym for 21 hours.

You can collect stardust and coins immediately after winning a gym (assuming you haven't collected in the last 21 hrs)

Back