Pokémon Go Anyone?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
SOOOO many pokemons out last night. Ran out of balls.

Just went out at lunch today and burned through 38 balls. Crazy numbers of Ghastly and Cubone out there. Need to stock up on balls. Halloween night is probably going to be nuts.

Anyone have a clue why so many Cubone? I didn't think it was one of the types that was going to be overrepresented during this event...

Because of the skull and bone I guess. Vaguely Halloween related.

More Meowth's around too. Black cat, beige cat that stands on two legs, meh.

Because of the skull and bone I guess. Vaguely Halloween related.

More Meowth's around too. Black cat, beige cat that stands on two legs, meh.

I get Cubone. In gen 1 you got Cubone in the Pokemon tower with Ghastly and Haunter. Makes sense.

Meowth, I don't get it though.

Ghost type are hard for me to catch.

I've had little problems catching Ghost Pokemon. Pretty easy for me to catch. :) Sometimes I have to use a Megaball and/or razzberry, but I can usually catch them. I've even learned how to catch those blasted bat pokemon... hard to get enough lift to catch them without "winding up" on your throw

Just hatched my first Snorlax from a 10k egg. Also evolved a Gengar and caught another. I am ready to do some serious battling tonight.

Mostly missed the event due to other endeavours. I *hope* to get to go around and at least cycle through some stops in Big Rapids and stock up on balls. I was planning on walking a couple of eggs, but didn't even get a set of 5Ks to hatch yet!

If we hadn't already gone out a few times recently I'd invite my wife to a "date night" and sneakily get her to drive me around town.

I've been trying to get into it, but for some reason our town only has pokestops in the center of town, a good 5 km away from where i live and work....sadly the request a pokestop function is dead as well...ran out of pokeballs around level 5 and it's very slow going with verry little monsters spawning on our dogwalking routes...The few eggs i get when i go into town for shopping at the 1 mall that isn't near us get hatched within 1-2 days and then it's waiting for the weekly shop trip...

Going to say goodbye to all these guys... Deleting the app.

I personally can't take it any more.

Gameplay is terrible for anyone who doesn't have enough time to actually seek out fellow players to capture (and hold) gyms. I don't have time for that. Beyond that, what is the point? So I'm done.

My son has become intolerable, ALWAYS wanting to play. When I learned that my house had a xx:40 spawn across the street, he's constantly wanting to look at the clock and reminding me "Hey dad, it's 6:43. Can I catch it?" Ugh. As much as I enjoyed the early reasons to go on walks with him, it's not like I can constantly walk with him AND the other two kids AND make dinner / do baths / get him to do his homework, all before dark.

Supposedly he says his mom will him play it when she's got the kids. So I sent her the login info. Not like I think it's very likely, because she's a cellphone addict and won't like not having it surgically attached to her hands. But at least I got to soften the blow of telling him it's gone...

Screenshot_2016-10-28-17-42-58.png

Bummer. I don't play as much as I did, but I attribute that more to the changing of the seasons, having a sinus infection, and having to get some things done before winter.

I didn't manage to walk much at all. The app wouldn't load on my phone after I did a factory reset. I am guessing it "requires" a camera for some reason. By the time I did some yard chores and went to BR to replace my phone and got that done it was late. So I missed most of the walking bonus.

New update is pretty interesting. 6+ items from a stop is the norm now. Plus they rebalanced the fighting/training at gyms to give more weight back to fighting. I was getting sick of seeing all the gyms around me at Lvl 10 for weeks on end and full of Dragonites. It's back to lots more turnover already.

I noticed the major improvement to pokestop quantity the other day. It's really been helping keep the number of balls up for me. Haven't been catching as much, but I started hitting stops on the way to/from work and it only takes 1-2 trips through town to get good amount. For a short bit there was a LOT of pokemon popping up as well. Seems more normal now.

Wish I could find some new ones. I haven't seen a 10k egg in forever.

I was getting sick of seeing all the gyms around me at Lvl 10 for weeks on end and full of Dragonites. It's back to lots more turnover already.

Loving this change! Of the five gyms within about 0.25-0.5miles of each other only two would change. The rest sat at Level 10 since the last update that allowed six Pokemon to train. I'm glad we have the full training staff, and now happier it's modified to fighting gyms more-so than defending.

The seven day deal is worth doing. Lots of XP and items for the 7th day catch and poke stop.

I heard the thing with extra stuff and Pokémon at every stop was a bonus leading up to Veteran's Day. It went back to normal late Friday evening.

I've got my pokepedal route down now. Six stops in a loop with little backtracking.

What a rip! I rode my route just before posting. Mapquest says 3.7 miles, which is 5.9 kilometers. Pokemon, by way of egg, says 1.6 km. Now I really wonder how many km I did earlier this week when Pokemon said 6 km.

What a rip! I rode my route just before posting. Mapquest says 3.7 miles, which is 5.9 kilometers. Pokemon, by way of egg, says 1.6 km. Now I really wonder how many km I did earlier this week when Pokemon said 6 km.

Yes. I loaded a GPS odometer app on my phone and went for the daily walk at lunch. 1.35 miles.

I'm getting nowhere near that much distance in Pokemon Go.

Still, I enjoy getting out when I do it. Haven't walked as much since getting a sinus infection, and it's (supposed to be) getting colder and windier out.

Going to say goodbye to all these guys... Deleting the app.

I'm considering doing the same. Was a fun thing to do with the kids while it lasted, but they're getting obsessed with it to the point that it's a bit worrisome. Also dragged a magikarp around as a buddy for what seemed like ages, and when we finally had enough candy it evolved into a gyarados with the worst possible move set.

It samples your location every minute and calculates the straight line distance between points (updates egg/buddy distance every 4 min). Only way to get credit for the full distance traveled is to walk in a straight line. Also doesn't count intervals any time you exceed a set speed, which has changed several times, but has ranged from 6.5 - 10.5 mph (painfully slow on a pedalcycle).

Haven't been able to log in since about 6pm last night. Unable to authenticate. Anyone else having this problem? THis happened back in October, I think it had to do with Cricket?

New challenge. Make PG show the traveling to fast message while pedaling a bicycle on flat ground.

You might need to upgrade from the poopercycle to accomplish that. Anecdotal experience indicates you need to exceed 25-28mph to get the message to pop up.

Haven't posted here or played as much recently. I still enjoy it, but my new job + studying takes time away from basically everything right now. No ditto yet, but I am on a shellder nest and will be evolving one today. The double XP thing is pretty sweet.

For those that don't know, there are actually over 700 pokemon between all of the original games. No one really knows how Niantic will incorporate them or if they will, but the rumored new pokemon are from what is called generation 2.

Back