Pokémon Go Anyone?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Team Mystic, lvl 21 checking in.

Both the wife and I have been playing. We're pretty active already, but it has led us to take several after dinner walks instead of just plopping down in front of the TV.

Baseball game was prime Pokemon hunting last night. Caught over 50, restocked on poke balls and caught a porygon among other things.

Nice, haven't seen that one yet.

Hit 100 in the Pokedex this morning by catching a couple that I had seen before, but got away from me. Caught a 1300+ Lapras and a 1000+ Slowbro.

Nice, haven't seen that one yet.

Hit 100 in the Pokedex this morning by catching a couple that I had seen before, but got away from me. Caught a 1300+ Lapras and a 1000+ Slowbro.

I may have found one you dont have, but you have way more than me. I've only seen 2 slowpokes and no lapras at all. My grandparents have tickets again to the game tonight, so i will definitely be looking for more cool stuff and dropping some lures. I did find a 350 CP abra with nearly perfect IVs. Attack and HP are equal and both are 15s, and IVs are above 80% perfect so its defense shouldn't be too bad either.

Don't have an Abra either, haha. I've seen the shadow in the sightings, but haven't come across one.

I've only read a little about the IVs, but haven't gone down that rabbit hole yet. How are you determining those values?

Don't have an Abra either, haha. I've seen the shadow in the sightings, but haven't come across one.

I've only read a little about the IVs, but haven't gone down that rabbit hole yet. How are you determining those values?

When you go to transfer a Pokemon, there is now an appraise button. Whatever your team leader says is like a mini code to help give you an idea what the IVs are. There are charts out there that translate the sayings.

I got a friend who was complaining the other day about not having a Snorlax.

I just hit level 20 and I'm hoping to get some of the "big dogs" soon... I just hatched a bunch of eggs, and now 2 of my 6 eggs are 10km eggs... Hoping those hatch into something other than an Eevee (although a high IV Eevee would be good as I need a better Jolteon and need a Vaporeon to go along with my excellent IV Flareon).

I just hit level 20 and I'm hoping to get some of the "big dogs" soon... I just hatched a bunch of eggs, and now 2 of my 6 eggs are 10km eggs... Hoping those hatch into something other than an Eevee (although a high IV Eevee would be good as I need a better Jolteon and need a Vaporeon to go along with my excellent IV Flareon).

if you rename your Eevee to Rainer it should evolve to a Vaporeon. Worked for me, but that's 1/1.

Similar nicknames work for Jolteon (Sparky) and Flareon (Pyro).

Damn, hopefully they didn't change the Eevee name trick in a recent update... It worked great for me the last time I evolved an Eevee, but that was a couple of updates ago...

That's crazy. I have one drowzee. Level 22 was not worth the hype. I got some ultra balls but nothing else useful. Idk why Niantic thinks I need all these revives and potions.

Because they want you to buy poke balls

Might be teaming up with a girl from work. She and her husband both pokemon. If we can fit it in, my oldest and I might make a date to see what we can find. Busy weekend, though.

Fyi, levels only matter at each +5 on 0 and 5 levels

5, 10, 15, 20...

Why do you say that?

I think every level matters. Each time you level up you can level up your pokemon higher and also catch higher level wild pokemon. Also when you get eggs they hatch at the level you were at when you got it (maxing out at level 20).

Why do you say that?

I think every level matters. Each time you level up you can level up your pokemon higher and also catch higher level wild pokemon. Also when you get eggs they hatch at the level you were at when you got it (maxing out at level 20).

What I mean is that at those levels you get rewards worth noting. The interim levels reward you with balls, raspberries, potions, etc, but those levels you unlock things, get eggs, incense, lures, etc.

What I mean is that at those levels you get rewards worth noting. The interim levels reward you with balls, raspberries, potions, etc, but those levels you unlock things, get eggs, incense, lures, etc.

Hadn't noticed the every 5 levels thing. Thanks for pointing it out. Still a bummer haha. I will never buy poke balls haha

Oh, ok. Got it. Sorry I misunderstand what you were going for. You are correct.

oo1mnyo5t69x.jpg

Oh, ok. Got it. Sorry I misunderstand what you were going for. You are correct.

oo1mnyo5t69x.jpg

No worries, the graphic is nice but only takes you to Level 20. You get MAX POTIONS at Level 25 and MAX REVIVE at Level 30.

More specifically...

Level 25
25 Ultra Balls, 20 Max Potions, 15 Revives, 15 Razz Berries, 1 Incense, 1 Lucky Egg, 1 Egg Incubator, 1 Lure Module

Level 30
30 Ultra Balls, 20 Max Potions, 20 Max Revives, 20 Razz Berries, 3 Incense, 3 Lucky Eggs, 3 Egg Incubators, 3 Lure Modules

That's crazy. I have one drowzee. Level 22 was not worth the hype. I got some ultra balls but nothing else useful. Idk why Niantic thinks I need all these revives and potions.

I'll take your revives. I have a gym outside my house and have gone through all my revives fighting with the kids in the neighborhood trying to keep the gym Blue.

Damn!

The name game worked for me once per Evee. It's failed the past two times.

If you rename one and evolve it, I think you have to un-name it before you can evolve a different evee using that trick.

I had it the first couple days it came out but it kept on lagging so I just deleted it. I'm glad I did...otherwise I know I would've become super addicted.

I'm beginning to wonder when they're going to start releasing more features... I'm beginning to think that the game itself is woefully underdeveloped...

Here's why. The game, to me, has three aspects:

1) Catching/evolving/hatching pokemon (gotta collect 'em all).
2) Powering up pokemon for battles.
3) Battling pokemon (and holding gyms).

But it seems to me that none of these have yet had much "social" interaction. There's really almost no way to interact with other players through the game.

And battling and holding gyms seems to be a relatively weak and slow way to improve your pokemon. The XP gained from winning gym battles is nothing compared to pidgey stacking with a lucky egg. And around me, holding a gym after you beat it looks nearly impossible. Most of the gyms I see trade teams multiple times a day.

So right now I'm dutifully trying to build up my pokemon so that at some point my son can make a decent run at battling a gym. Which is hard to do when the best thing he's got are CP of 1618, 1178, and 1035, and you see a gym with a 1800 Vaporeon, 2300 Snorlax and 2800 Dragonite sitting there. So it's just a grind through the endless ratatas and pidgeys to get enough stardust and candy to power up my good pokemon and level up. But why? Just to go through a billion revive and potion to capture a gym and then have it taken away an hour later? What's the point?

At some point they're sure to start rolling out some of the more social features that MUST be in planning. But will they get around to it before I get bored? I'm almost there. Will they do so before my son gets bored? He's only 9, but eventually he'll start getting tired of catching them for no real purpose, I assume.

I'm guessing if you regularly battle at gyms, you need lots of revives and potions.

fair. i battle every few days or so but there is nothing that is really close to where i am. I fought a gym today and used like 15 total items to take it down. if there were more gyms in closer proximity, I would be more than happy to have these things.

I'm beginning to wonder when they're going to start releasing more features... I'm beginning to think that the game itself is woefully underdeveloped...

Here's why. The game, to me, has three aspects:

1) Catching/evolving/hatching pokemon (gotta collect 'em all).
2) Powering up pokemon for battles.
3) Battling pokemon (and holding gyms).

But it seems to me that none of these have yet had much "social" interaction. There's really almost no way to interact with other players through the game.

And battling and holding gyms seems to be a relatively weak and slow way to improve your pokemon. The XP gained from winning gym battles is nothing compared to pidgey stacking with a lucky egg. And around me, holding a gym after you beat it looks nearly impossible. Most of the gyms I see trade teams multiple times a day.

So right now I'm dutifully trying to build up my pokemon so that at some point my son can make a decent run at battling a gym. Which is hard to do when the best thing he's got are CP of 1618, 1178, and 1035, and you see a gym with a 1800 Vaporeon, 2300 Snorlax and 2800 Dragonite sitting there. So it's just a grind through the endless ratatas and pidgeys to get enough stardust and candy to power up my good pokemon and level up. But why? Just to go through a billion revive and potion to capture a gym and then have it taken away an hour later? What's the point?

At some point they're sure to start rolling out some of the more social features that MUST be in planning. But will they get around to it before I get bored? I'm almost there. Will they do so before my son gets bored? He's only 9, but eventually he'll start getting tired of catching them for no real purpose, I assume.

I am hoping for this too. I know that trading is in the works and they have said that there is a lot more in the pipeline and that the game only has 10% of its planned features. I really hope it rolls out before it fades away.

Back