Plumbing help for my new brewstand

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Trevor57

Reaction score
I have a 3 tier system built, using two banjo burners. I am having trouble figuring out a way to go from a male 3/8 flare on the burner to an iron pipe fitting. Any help on how to go from iron pipe to my burner is welcome.

Lots of people use a piece of flexible copper tubing in between. Thats what I did. I went from 1/2" steel pipe to a 1/2 to 3/8 coupler (in here fits the 3/8"FPT to 3/8" MPT Bayou Classic Needle Valve, this is optional) , then to a 3/8"FPT / 3/8" compression fitting. Ran my flexible copper tubing to my burner where I went back from 3/8" compression / 3/8" FPT fitting which coupled directly on to the banjo burner orifice.

I have a 3 burner setup and i bought the yellow flex hose's from Home Depot. There 3/8 compression fittings and the lines are for hot water heaters. Like $9 a piece

i used both copper and the flex tubes described above.

Copper was cheaper (but requires tools to bend and flare) but flex tube was easier.

262379_10150398772259128_775234127_10327327_2236730_n.jpg

Latest posts

Back