PLEASE PLEASE HELP!! Temp controller

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

goudaphunk

Reaction score
I recently purchased an A419 temp controller. I am looking to set a temp for my kegerator to 64 degrees for a targeted fermentation temp. I have been messing around with the control and get it to work to increase the temp to 64. I've tried switching the jumps, but that does work. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

1st... Read the manual. 2nd... Watch YouTube videos on the subject. I'm not being an ass. Those were just the first things I did.

You say you are trying to increase the temp to 64. Are you using the unit to turn a heating element on/off?

No worries. This is all foreign to me. Read the manual and watched some Youtube videos, too. I could not find the answer I was looking for. I moved some jumps around, with no success. I am trying to use the thermostat to raise the temp of the kegerator. Again, this is all new to me, so thanks for your patience.

1st... Read the manual. 2nd... Watch YouTube videos on the subject. I'm not being an ass. Those were just the first things I did.

You say you are trying to increase the temp to 64. Are you using the unit to turn a heating element on/off?

I believe chisena was trying to ask if you want the temperature inside the kegerator to be warmer than the room it's in. If that's the case, you'll need a heating element, the kegerator cannot generate its own heat, only cool. If your room is 70, though, and you want the kegerator to be 64, then it should work as long as the temperature controller is properly wired.

It all really starts with Figure 13 on page 8 of the manual. The jumper settings. If you are trying to raise the temp of a kegerator, that implies you are using the controller to turn on a heating element with the kegerator. You would want to use the Heating Mode Cut Out at Setpoint jumper setting, which is how you current have it set. Again, you would be plugging a heating element in, not the kegerator (which only cools).

Yep, my room is 75 degrees, so I should not need a heating element, correct? Thanks for clarifying.

I believe chisena was trying to ask if you want the temperature inside the kegerator to be warmer than the room it's in. If that's the case, you'll need a heating element, the kegerator cannot generate its own heat, only cool. If your room is 70, though, and you want the kegerator to be 64, then it should work as long as the temperature controller is properly wired.

The room is 75 degrees so I shouldn't need a heating element, correct?

If your room temp is 75 and you want the kegerator to be 64, you need to plug it into the controller and set the jumpers for cooling Mode Cut Out at Setpoint. Eventually the kegerator will warm up to room temp. You want it to turn on and bring it back down to maintain 64.

you want the bottom one- Cooling Mode- Cut-out at Setpoint.

it basically means your cooling is always on, and only cuts out (off) when it hits the setpoint, i.e. 64F. move the top jumper so that its hanging over to the left, with the right pin exposed.

--not sure which model you have but you might wanna also make sure you're in F mode and not Celsius.

--did your model already come wired up or did you have to wire the power cords? if you had to cut power cords and wire them in then that might be another place you're mixed up....

Should I keep the kegerator on the coldest setting or warmest or does that not matter? Thanks again everyone!

Just want to thank everyone for their help and patience. Got it to work and beer is fermenting nicely at 66 degrees. Thanks again!
Cheers.

[emoji122]🏼[emoji122]🏼[emoji122]🏼

Back