PLAYOFF HOCKEY

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Kadri out of the Bruins series. Hopefully that means he's done for the season.
Meanwhile the Leafs have been competitive, Bruins need to up the voltage if they're gonna win this game...

Just saw the replay a few seconds after reading this... looks like he was shaken up and helped off the ice but definitely not KO'd. The kid is gonna earn some cred though for picking a fight with a veteran.
Oh absolutely. And he didn't look unconscious to me either. TKO maybe, but not KO. Definitely seeing stars though. Just repeating what both commentators and a few media outlets have said.

It's already gone, but tired jokes never get tiring.
D4O8oUgWsAERDIs.jpg

Leafs looked strong last tonight and much more disciplined without Kadri running around. Both teams looked a little hesitant with regards to hitting and after the whistle shenanigans.

Well I can't believe the Lightning got shut out this series. So disappointed. What a season they had and I had high hopes that they would go far. I thought they actually had a chance to win the whole thing this year..... Well good luck everyone to your teams this year. I have to route for the Islanders now!

John

epic. fail.

But hey, that president's cup is nicer than the dumb Stanley cup anyway, right? Playoff's are like the all star game, good times but hey we already won didn't we?

(omg how?)
That's honestly how it should be in all honesty. Along with promotion and relegation. But Murica and Canadia is too good for that.

I thought the Lightning would win it all too.
And the way the Isles played late in the year I didn't think they'd go too far either.
At this point anyone can win it.

Crazy come from behind win from the blues tonight. Down 2-0 and won 3-2 with 15 seconds remaining.

Knights look like they want to sell more tickets before they finish off the fish.

It's always sketchy following US sports when hanging on random Out Islands in the Bahamas but we were able to catch the end of today's B's game. So, Game Seven at home...Bruins better shake off the whole "come out flat" thing for that to matter...

Cheers!

Caps handily answered for Game 3. Played like they're defending the cup.

And, assuming they're still in, I'll be trying to watch the Caps from Portuguese islands in a couple weeks. At least it'll be graveyard probably with wifi in hotel.

The Prem and Champioms League semifinals too. But that'll be a lot easier to find a bar to watch.

It's always sketchy following US sports when hanging on random Out Islands in the Bahamas but we were able to catch the end of today's B's game. So, Game Seven at home...Bruins better shake off the whole "come out flat" thing for that to matter...

Cheers!

Nice! Enjoy your trip! That is going to be an exciting game 7!

John

Sharks win last night was pretty amazing. Double overtime shorthand goals are pretty rare, maybe unique. Brought me back to the Isles 4OT win Easter '87.

Well Carolina played like their post-season was on the line, but the refs won that one.

Not Original Six and/or Penguins? The officials will thwart you.

Especially if they can cause a Game 7 in the process.

Ugh.

That goal callback changed the momentum. And there was ZERO justification.

Well Carolina played like their post-season was on the line, but the refs won that one.

Not Original Six and/or Penguins? The officials will thwart you.

Especially if they can cause a Game 7 in the process.

Ugh.

That goal callback changed the momentum. And there was ZERO justification.

I agree 100%. That was a goal. But canes won regardless, and deserved it.

At the time I was surprised. But the original call was no goal, and replays weren't decisive between pushing the puck or pushing the goalie.
Since I don't root for either team, I'm just excited about game 7.

Sickening bad call by the refs against Vegas to change the outcome of a concluded game.

Last edited:
Agreed how was that a 5 minute major? It was a cross check to the chest the other guy hit him and he fell. It could've been 2 minute minor or even a no call. The NHL refs have decided way too many games and series this year

I've never been this angry about the outcome of a sporting event before.

Total blown call. There was nothing improper about the hit. It was clean and wasn't even hard. Wasn't remarkable at all expect some guys got tripped up in an awkward way after the initial hit. Obviously the refs didn't see it either because they let play go on for 10 seconds after the hit. They only called it when they saw blood, but didn't take the time to figure out why.

Why they don't video review stuff like this is crazy. Wasn't even worthy of a 2-minute minor.

I didn't watch but from I've read, VGK got the short stick. Coulda been a softy 2-min cross check call but that's it.

Game Seven go time. Let's actually play 60 minutes this time! Let's Go Caps!

After having close to a day to steam about the bad call:

1. Undeniably an absolutely terrible call on the refs. They weren’t calling real penalties all game and they clearly didn’t see what happened here. They inferred what happened and made the wrong call. Probably should be a replay or challenge allowed in this situation in the future, especially in playoffs.

2. Despite the very bad call, Vegas still had a 3 goal lead with 10 minutes to go. They allowed *4* goals. What playoff caliber team does that? Implosion.

3. They had a game 5, and game 6 where they could have sealed the deal. Plenty of blown opportunities happened before this they could have prevented even getting to the situation.

Back