PLAYOFF HOCKEY

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
GO BRUINS!

cut.jpg

Last edited:
Well, that was pretty wild. I missed the Blues four goal second period because my lovely wife wanted to watch "My 600 pound life"
But OT was exciting, and controversial.

So you can overturn a goal if video replay shows a player was 1/1000th of an inch offsides 4 minutes before the goal happens, but a blatant hand pass that could almost be considered an assist is not reviewable?

That's screwed up, right? Almost like not being able to overturn a goal on a continuation after the puck clearly left the arena :drunk:
The NHL needs some tweaks to the rules for sure.

Anyway, that was a great game, and I'm more than happy to see these two teams beat each others brains out with overtimes galore all the way to Game Seven ;)

Sharks may set new record for game outcomes changed in their favor by blown officiating.

That first game was pretty exciting. I thought the Bruins played better, and the Blues took too many penalties. But it was still close until the empty net goal put it away.

Grzelcyk (likely) concussion stressed the Bruins D at the end and they looked gassed going into OT.
No bueno. Considering how rocked his world got I'm concerned he won't be available on Saturday...

I didn't follow the injury report, but I did notice that one of the Blues left the game too. The announcers made reference to a shortage on St Louis' bench. It's been a rough series, I don't like to see anyone hurt for a game.

Boring game.

What was looking to be a good sports night in St. Louis turned out to be a snooze.

Cubs/cardinals rained out and hockey was done after the first period.

I *really* want to see St. Louis win this at home. I'll settle for them winning it in Boston though. :)

Though I really hope I am wrong, I believe the Blues will win it all on Sunday.

I remember laughing and enjoying the Bruins beat up the more talented Cannuks in '11 and frustrate them out of a cup. Feels like Bruins are on the other end of that exact scenario this time.

That was a pretty tough way to lose a game. There are plenty of missed calls in every hockey game, but few of them yield the winning goal. Without a dog in the fight I'm just loving a great series.

That was a pretty tough way to lose a game. There are plenty of missed calls in every hockey game, but few of them yield the winning goal. Without a dog in the fight I'm just loving a great series.
Don't disagree there, that was a pretty bad missed call. Though being here in Boston, they're of course screaming about it, while a couple games ago where the Blues coach was talking about some missed calls, they were calling him a crybaby and a whiner...
That said, if you don't want to lose in playoff hockey, you have to score more than one goal.

On replay it's easy to see there was some stick action involved for a trip, but at full speed the hard hit was more prominent than the stick. In the whole scheme of bad calls it didn't raise to the level of the missed hand pass assist right in front of the goal to end an OT game, or a phantom 5-minute major in a game 7 that changed the outcome of a locked-up game and series.

The Bruins player was too busy trying to embellish the call and cry to the ref to get up and go play. That goal was on the Bruins.

Wow. Embellished? Did you miss that the league spotter had Acciari pulled out of the game for a concussion test?
I cannot believe anyone that saw that play would dispute that was an egregious missed call.
Sheesh.

That all said, it was clear St. Louis was the stronger team through all but the first period, when Binnington stood on his head to stop all 20-something shots. So the Blues likely deserved the win, but FFS not have it handed to them via a blatant penalty that even Bozak knew he should have been heading to the slammer...

It was a missed call. Egregious? That just depends whether you are a Bruins fan or not.

It was a fast play with a hard hit. It wasn't an obvious hook. It was an obvious big hit.

Back