Plastic vs glass

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cobalt

Reaction score
Which is the better Carboy material ? And does it matter? Pros/Cons? Thanks.

I'm new to the forum so bear with me if I have trouble with navigation. Thanks for the links.

There are minor advantages to both. If you practice good sanitation and other process details they will produce the same beer. I won't use glass because it breaks. I use plastic Better Bottles, which look like plastic carboys. Good luck.

There are minor advantages to both. If you practice good sanitation and other process details they will produce the same beer. I won't use glass because it breaks. I use plastic Better Bottles, which look like plastic carboys. Good luck.

+1..I used to use glass, but I only use better bottles now. Much easier to carry, without the worry of death. Since I use 6 gallon BB, there's no way I'm carrying 6 gallon glass.

Plastic bucket. They stack neatly, easy to clean, cheap, double as sanitation bucket, bottling bucket, grain bucket and you can sit on them.

Idk. It's your money and I have a limited budget.

Plastic bucket. They stack neatly, easy to clean, cheap, double as sanitation bucket, bottling bucket, grain bucket and you can sit on them.

Idk. It's your money and I have a limited budget.

That's what I'm say'n!!!

Back