Planning Mixing Voss Kveik with Be-134

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alan Reginato

Reaction score
I'm planing mixing those yeasts in a mild bitter stout. I liked Kveik, but attenuation was low (70%) and I prefer it drier. Last brew I try a side by side fermentation, with Voss and Be-134, and I saved some slurry. Fermented Voss high, 35C. and Be-134 at 28 C. The saison yeast seems to be better at bottling. When it's done, I'll post a thread.

Anyone tried mix those yeasts? Or even any saison with Voss Kveik? Any idea of what to expect?

I’ve mixed be-134 with verdant a couple of times to make a kick ass Belgian golden strong. The first time was an accident due to realizing I didn't have the yeasts I thought I did come brew day. I liked the results so much I have since rebrewed it using the same combo again.

that be-134 will just keep chewing, so if you are bottling either under-prime or wait for the beer to almost ferment out fully to 1.000

I’ve mixed be-134 with verdant a couple of times to make a kick ass Belgian golden strong. The first time was an accident due to realizing I didn't have the yeasts I thought I did come brew day. I liked the results so much I have since rebrewed it using the same combo again.

that be-134 will just keep chewing, so if you are bottling either under-prime or wait for the beer to almost ferment out fully to 1.000
Interesting. I'm also thinking about using verdant with another yeast. I'll be copitching it with Nottingham. Half a pack verdant, one pack notti. I hope I can lower the fruityness of the verdant a bit this way and get it into an acceptable range for a bitter.

Never thought about the Belgian copitch, but in my mind this really makes sense with all the fruit going on there!

Back