Pinot Noir Recipe for Wife...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Doug Streets

Reaction score
Good morning, folks.

I am looking for a recommendation. I typically brew beer and kombucha as well as the occasional cider, mead and cyser but my wife will not drink any of them - she's a wine drinker. Her favorite wine is Josh's Pinot Noir and I would like to try my hand at making a batch for her. Can you recommend a kit or recipe that will get me in the neighborhood of her favorite?

Thank you,

dbs

I live in France, and I drink mostly wine. As I am retired, and on a v low pension, I thought about starting to make my own wine, really just to decrease my expenditure on my favourite beverage (well, after 16 h naturally). My dad did this most of his life at home, but what he called "wine" was made from other fruits, not grapes, as they were available during the year. But I'm only interested in making grape wine. So I started to look into the costs of making real grape wine at home. Not counting the initial material purchases, I've come to the conclusion that it's not worth the effort. In our local organic shops (that's to say, all with the organic farming label) I can buy a 5 litre box of moderately good white wine, not great but drinkable for everyday consumption, for 22 euros. That's to say, around 4.4 euros/litre. I can't make home-made wine at that cost (a Kg of grapes costs about 4 to 5 euros the Kg, which will produce about 75cl (one bottle) of wine).

Back