Pimping a muntons

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pinebarrensbrew

Reaction score
Hey no questions on how to brew or any problems. I'm just curious if anyone else has ever pimped out a muntons can. I'm going to steep some chocolate grains then add the can and some lactose. Going for a kinda nut brown/milk stout deal. With the flavor of nut brown with some heavier mouthfeel and a little residual sweetness from the lactose. I'm goin to pitch Nottingham too. Idk just thought I'd see if anyone else had luck

Have done similar things to a variety of Cooper's Kits, they all have turned out better than just adding sugar or DME/LME. No matter what the brew a little fresh grains can never hurt.

I didn't add the dme cause I didn't have any. And didn't think it was required. So if I ferment out completely ill wind up with 3% abv. Oh well

I think unionrdr has made a bunch of recipes using kit cans and adjusting to his tastes. Surprised he hasn't mentioned it, but I haven't noticed him on here as much lately...

Maybe it wasn't Munton's, can't remember. But you could probably PM him and ask. He seems pretty helpful.

I've been on here,just not quite as prolific as in years past. Got a lot going on these days. Anyway,I've done a lot with Cooper's cans & Munton's plain DME's. You can check out my recipes under my avatar for some ideas.
I basically used half a 3lb bag of Munton's plain DME in a 2.5 to 3.5 gallon boil in my 5 gallon SS stock pot for all hop additions. Then add remaining DME & the Cooper's (or Munton's) can at flame out. Since the wort is still boiling hot & pasteurization happens @ 160F in seconds,just stirring in the can cover & steep for a few minutes is fine. I've also used the cans as the extract in pb/pm biab beers as well. Works great that way too.

Back