PID simple ?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brew-boy

Reaction score
I will up upgrading my system soon an my go the EH-RIMS way but I have a question on PID's. I would like to use the programmable system for the mash tun and recirculate but also have a digital readout for monitoring the strike temp displaying on 1 readout. The strike water will not be programmable or automatic, just looking for a readout.

I've been looking around at PIDs lately (also building HERMS soon), and I have not seen any of them that allow you to display anything other than the set value and the measured value of the part of the system you are automating.

However, since all you are really looking for is a thermometer display, you can find those pretty cheap on ebay. It would require adding another gadget to your system to display the temp of another vessel.

Just be sure to pay attention on that store as to whether the thing is powered by DC or AC, whether it's going to display *C or *F, and whether it takes a thermocouple or an RTD.

Back