pickup tube

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

techrunner

Reaction score
i am getting ready to brew batch 2 soon, and i picked up a 6 gal better bottle to use as my primary this time instead of the bucket. just wondering how far off the bottom you guys would recommend setting the spigot pickup from the bottom, so i dont end up in the trub, but i done leave half a gallon behind either. thanks

nick

I think you can swivel those from the outside can't you? So you could adjust it when the time came based on the yeast cake level?

oh, if it can swivel from outside without leaking all over that would be slick. i just thought i would have to set it before i put my wort in there. have to look a little closer then.

You may have to use a cane down through the opening to position it now that I think about it, but that wouldn't be a big deal if you just sanitized the cane. I don't personal have a better bottle, this is just what I can guess from looking at them and their accessories online.

Back