Photos of your part of the world

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
the_bird said:
This is a better shot of Adams....

aerial.jpg

Looks cold

It is today!

That picture looks like mid-September or so, the leaves are just starting to turn. That's a pretty spectacular time to live here in the boonies. You're not up until June, are you?

the_bird said:
That picture looks like mid-September or so, the leaves are just starting to turn. That's a pretty spectacular time to live here in the boonies. You're not up until June, are you?

Looks picturesque. Never been north of NY on the coast and hope to someday. Mid Sept would be a good time!

the_bird said:
It is today!

They've just changed my labs to Sacramento. Some place called the Hoppy Brewery. But Im still up for making it out there sometime this year.

Chimone said:
They've just changed my labs to Sacramento. Some place called the Hoppy Brewery. But Im still up for making it out there sometime this year.

Well, that's too bad. :(

You should try to come out for the March get-together. I know it's a little chilly, but it's usually not TOO bad - it's usually not below zero anymore :D

the_bird said:
Well, that's too bad. :(

You should try to come out for the March get-together. I know it's a little chilly, but it's usually not TOO bad - it's usually not below zero anymore :D

ROFL

bad weather for someone from arizona is anything <50*

I looked over my schedule and march is kind of full. Our kitchen is being done then. But summertime doesnt look too bad. You guys getting together then?

Fiery Sword said:
Great photos, Kai! hmm, to me that look like you must have been in the Somerville/Medford/Arlington area to get that specific view. Then again, maybe you were up in Burlington with a kick aZZ lens!!!

I got that shot from Prostpect Hill in Waltham. Another cool shot like this would be one with the moon.

Kai

I'm sure we will be. If you're planning a trip to Maine, going out in the summer would be nice. I actually love the springtime up here (once mud season is over), so anytime from May onward, I think you would enjoy. We'll make sure to have a get-together when you're in the area.

We live pretty close to the Pacific on the Monterey Bay. We are fortunate to own a home about a mile from the beach.
Seacliff.jpg

Capitola.jpg

wow.... i have never seen anything close to what most of these pictures look like here in GA. great pics guys... keep them comming

Another couple of months and I'll have the down payment for this little slice of prairie heaven and then it's no more trailer park for this ranch owner!

7601-ourhome.jpg

I thought I'd bump this and see if we can get some interesting photos from all over the world.
Come on folks, show us where you live! :mug:

Here is a small picture of San Marcos at Spring Lake (Aquarena Springs).

spring_lake.jpg

I didn't actually take any of these, but this is where I live and brew... As well as a pic of the original cheeseburger from Louis' Lunch and one of Pepe's Pizza, best pizza ever in a city known for it's pizza!!

nhfall.jpg

nh_skyline.jpg

louis2.jpg

louislunch4.jpg

pepe's.jpg

Here are some pictures of downtown Seattle taken out my living room window.

Looking South
view from window1.jpg

Looking West
view from window 2.jpg

Looking North
view from window 3.jpg

Looking North over my neighbor's house (drives her nuts that I can do that :D )
DSC01670.jpg

Ice and snow storm this past winter (notice the beer system in the garage, patiently waiting):
DSC02687.jpg

Park and lake right down the street:
290px-Codorus_state_park.jpg

There you go:

Photo I took 2 years ago on the "plaines d'Abraham" in Québec city.
196432998.jpg

Photo of a bottle I found on last year's vacation in "shawinigan" Québec, Canada!!!
y1pzgQ212R7q1Kq2pQs-fSOoBF9d-bXdOMGTGGGH6aD6pjDBGIhoc4YL28kCEqiRcyTke6YwwQvnuY

I'll search for more on my computer... The photo files are all messed up!

I don't have any shots of my very average city so I thought a shot of one of my home-away-from-home trout streams would suffice. Though not at a particularly inviting time of year. Oh and that is not a black and white photo, the day really was that grey and miserable.

grand_river.jpg

DesertBrew said:
Ok, near my house this past summer after some serious rain

CDOWash.jpg

SWMBO on Mt Lemmon
mt_lemmon2.jpg

That's me, taking the picture
mt_lemmon1.jpg

Bonus points. Anyone guess where this is? Double Bonus, and it's called?
slideRock.jpg

I believe that is a picture of Slide Rock in Sedona.

I saw my first thong there at the age of 8!

We aren't officially in the Monsoon this year yet, but we did get a Haboob tonight. Here's an older photo (not mine) of what that looks like.

28896277_e2bc3a0205.jpg

These dust clouds get up to 3-4,000 feet. Camelback Mt is in the background.

Back