Permanently Label Beer Bottles?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bobonthenet

Reaction score
I am thinking of shelling out for some 33oz bottles and I am wondering if there is a way to permanently label them so that other home brewers I loan to won't try to wash off the labels and use my more expensive bottles for themselves. Does anyone know of a way to do this? I have seen etched glass but I have heard that can hurt the structural integrity of the bottles enough that bottle conditioning in them is unsafe.

I dont know of a permanent solution other than etching the glass, but you could always try making it more difficult for them to remove something. Maybe try spray painting the whole bottle? Just tape off the top of the neck and spray er down?

They have paints specific to glass at hobby/scrapbooking type stores.

Generally paint on, bake in oven, permanently marked.

Works well with stencils if you're not great st freehand or want a repeatable pattern. Although taking the time to carefully hand letter the bottles could add a nice aesthetic to them.

$7-15/tube depending on brand.

It Canada I get it from Michael's, great source for paper and label/packaging resources.

You can powdercoat glass as well....probably wouldn't cost that much to have a local commercial powdercoater do a few cases. That stuff ain't coming off without very harsh chemicals. Ask around at a few local tire shops for recommendations.

Latest posts

Back