Perlick 630SS Growler Filler

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ordered....thanks for the link. The problem is they have it as 636ss instead of 630ss. I never would have found it.

Can you use the same procedure as in the sticky, except you don't have to swap beer lines for one with a picnic faucet?

Essentially, I'd:

1. Reduce pressure to 5#
2. Plug in the thingy with 2 ft of hose cut at angle
3. Fill till it drips
4. Cap on foam

Can you use the same procedure as in the sticky, except you don't have to swap beer lines for one with a picnic faucet?

Essentially, I'd:

1. Reduce pressure to 5#
2. Plug in the thingy with 2 ft of hose cut at angle
3. Fill till it drips
4. Cap on foam

The problem with this is that, due to my coffin box, my keezer needs to be pulled out from the wall every time I want to open it. If I'm going to fill numerous bottles for long-term storage, this is the way to go... but it's a lot of extra steps for when I want to fill growlers that will be drank within a couple days. Plugging something directly into the faucet is much easier.

The problem with this is that, due to my coffin box, my keezer needs to be pulled out from the wall every time I want to open it. If I'm going to fill numerous bottles for long-term storage, this is the way to go... but it's a lot of extra steps for when I want to fill growlers that will be drank within a couple days. Plugging something directly into the faucet is much easier.

Yeah what I meant was:

Can you follow the same procedure as in the sticky, but instead of swapping beer lines (thus no opening of the lid of the keezer), just plug the growler filler and then reduce the pressure, etc. Or do you not have to reduce pressure with this thingy?

You'd want to reduce pressure if you're filling bottles for storage or shipping. If it's going to be drank within a few days, filling at serving pressure is fine. Nearly all breweries and pubs fill growlers this way.

I understand that the new 650SS flow control faucets are different inside diameter than the old 545 model.

Anyone know if the growler filler for the 630SS will also work correctly with the 650SS flow control faucets?

Answered my own question.

According to Perlick, the same growler filler that works with the 630SS also works with the flow control 650SS (source).

If anyone is interested, the model number of the growler filler for these faucets is the GT600.

Back