Perlick 525SS and Coupling Nut Issues

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NigeltheBold

Reaction score
I just bought a stainless draft tower with two Perlick 525SS faucets. I'm having trouble getting the faucets to connect to the shanks properly. It seems like the threading is different in the coupling nuts that came with the draft tower. I'm afraid that I'm going to strip the threading on the coupling nuts if I try to tighten them too much.

Has anyone else had problems getting chrome-plated coupling nuts to screw onto stainless Perlick faucets? Are there better coupling nuts that I should buy?

There have been issues noted in the last year or so with mating 525SS faucets with chrome plated shanks. The consensus was that the problem was solved by Perlick (somewhere around mid/late 2011) but I s'pose some older units are still lurking in the supply chain.

You might try using some keg lube on the shank and coupling nut (and the o-ring - don't forget to lube that!) to see if it helps (it'll definitely work better than dry fitting them together). A bit of tapping might help as well...

Cheers!

[edit] PS: all USA shanks and faucets use 7/8" x 14 straight pipe thread...

Back