Peach from yeast

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Conan is a good one. Even Safale us-05 fermented on the low end (low 60s) has been known to get peachy.

I've experienced this with US-05 in a pale ale that got way too cold at the start of fermentation, and, while I like peaches, I didn't find it particularly pleasant.

I've gotten what I would characterize as pleasant peachiness from Wyeast 2565. Other people say they get apple.

Conan produces a complementary peach note you can work with.
Otoh, the peach character from US-05 run cool is not pleasant at all, imo...

Cheers!

I think Conan peach esters have been linked to under pitching it
Others have stated fermenting cool will
I've gotten peach real big once and I think u underpitched and kept it cool for the first few days
I've since kept it in the mid to upper 60s, ramping to lower 70s and haven't noticed as much.
I thought no different water chemistry has a bit to do with Conan's esters as well. Using a sharper, west coast profile, I get no peach

I've gotten peach from OYL-052 which I believe is Omega's Conan strain. I've sensed it with a proper yeast starter and from a slurry from a previous batch. So I don't think under pitching is always the culprit. But then again I could be wrong.

Reading around, there's carrying opinions. It seems that stressing the yeast, maybe pitch, maybe temp, brings out the peach esters more.
Googling underpitched Conan peach brings up several things from across the interwebs.

Latest posts

Back