Peach mead with peaches and juice

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Flexmedia

Reaction score
I like making a 1 gallon peach mead with 3 pounds of peaches and 3 pounds of honey. This time I only have 2 pounds of peaches and I want to use this juice. (I’ll try to attach pictures) It’s hard trying to figure how much juice to use and should I substitute the juice for water, etc. Anybody use fruit and juice in a mead who can give me some hints before I start?
Thanks for your time,
Art

Attachments

• IMG_4104.jpeg
    IMG_4104.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_4105.jpeg
    IMG_4105.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
I use juice all the time. You can make it with just juice or a blend of juice & water.
Start by take a gravity reading of your juice. It should be around 1.035-1.050. Most honey will contribute about .035 points/lb/gallon of liquid. If you use all juice (No water), you'll need about 1.5 lbs-1.75 lbs of honey, because you'll get some juice from the 2 lbs of peaches.
I hope this helps you.
Happy meading 😎

I use juice all the time. You can make it with just juice or a blend of juice & water.
Start by take a gravity reading of your juice. It should be around 1.035-1.050. Most honey will contribute about .035 points/lb/gallon of liquid. If you use all juice (No water), you'll need about 1.5 lbs-1.75 lbs of honey, because you'll get some juice from the 2 lbs of peaches.
I hope this helps you.
Happy meading 😎
Dan, been a while! Thanks for the hints. I’ll get things together and give it a try. You never know until you find out right?
Thanks,
Art

Back