Parts Needed to Put CO2 Tank Outside of Keezer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I thought about that but I would prefer to have the distributors and regulator in the fridge. If setting it up that way becomes too much of a hassle than I can go that route and connect the regulator to the CO2 on the outside and run lines to the distributors.

Any connections before the regulator are high pressure. Personally I'm more comfortable with fewer high pressure connections and would rather keep the regulator outside the tank.

You can still put secondary regulators inside if you want to have different beers at different pressures, but like Jorb said, I'd keep a high pressure regulator at the tank. Set it at 20-30 psi and then regulate your individual kegs from the secondary's inside.

example: three secondary regulators inside my keezer.

keezer01.jpg

Thanks for the responses. I'm going to [purchase a regulator to go on the CO2 tank and then put my other reg and distributors inside. I was looking for a simple/cheap regulator for the outside and I stumbled upon this one. It seems to me that it would work for my setup even though it says Soda Regulator. They say it can work for beer but the accuracy at lower PSI (5-10) isn't great. Since I would be bumping it up to 30ish I shouldn't have a problem using it, right?

Thanks for the help so far.

It looks fine to me for coarse adjustments as long as it stays stable and doesn't jump around on you. I'd be happy with 100 psi going into the freezer. I run my air compressor for tools at 90 psi regularly and consider it perfectly safe.

I simply ran the line inside and added a manifold on the inside

I did not want to put expensive regulator on the inside and have water condensing on and in it al the time, so my regulator is on the tank still

I put the manifold on the side of the sliding tray that came in the freezer, that way I did not have to drill the side to mount it and that tray is always over the compressor foot print anyway with some beer glasses in it so it is stable

just a few thoughts about my personal design

How did you run the gas line to the dual regulator inside of your keezer? I have the nut that is supposed to screw onto the CO2 tank and I can't find a piece that would let the regulator attach to a gas line. Did you remove the nut yourself?

You can still put secondary regulators inside if you want to have different beers at different pressures, but like Jorb said, I'd keep a high pressure regulator at the tank. Set it at 20-30 psi and then regulate your individual kegs from the secondary's inside.

example: three secondary regulators inside my keezer.

How did you run the gas line to the dual regulator inside of your keezer?
If you look toward the right of the photo you can see the CO2 tank outside the keezer. It has a high-pressure regulator on it with a valve and barbed fitting for the low-pressure line. Secondary regulators don't have the nut assembly to go to a tank. Only a pipe thread hole in the side. I picked up a barbed fitting for that at Home Depot and ran low pressure line to the output side of the high-pressure regulator.

Thanks. That makes sense. I originally had my regulator hooked up directly to the tank so it wasn't bought as a secondary regulator. I'll have to look into how to adapt my regulator to accept a barb/gas line.

If you look toward the right of the photo you can see the CO2 tank outside the keezer. It has a high-pressure regulator on it with a valve and barbed fitting for the low-pressure line. Secondary regulators don't have the nut assembly to go to a tank. Only a pipe thread hole in the side. I picked up a barbed fitting for that at Home Depot and ran low pressure line to the output side of the high-pressure regulator.

Drill a hole and run the CO2 line through the side (you can't see my 4 way manifold on the back wall)

Why do you want the regulator inside the fridge? Are there any benefits?

smugshot_456365-XL.jpg

smugshot_3338153-L.jpg

Drill a hole and run the CO2 line through the side (you can't see my 4 way manifold on the back wall)

Why do you want the regulator inside the fridge? Are there any benefits?

smugshot_456365-XL.jpg

smugshot_3338153-L.jpg

This is the set-up you need!!Perfect!! Unless you want a secondaries inside to regulate each keg to seperate pressures. Why a primary inside?? You should only need the one on the bottle, outside of keezer, regardless if you have manifolds or sec. regs. inside.

I also have a 2 stage regulator I can carbonate with outside of the fridge when needed. Works well. I could fit 6 kegs in there if I built a shelf in the back and removed the top shelf I used for cans/bottles.

Back